+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how to let this girl know im interested in her?

how to let this girl know im interested in her?

college started about a week ago and this cute girl sits in front of me. Next class i am going to look at her when she comes in and when she comes to sit down if i don't take my eyes off her we should make eye contact and then i will say hi and smile. I am not sure that will get me anywhere though. I am really not good at this kind of thing. i am deathly afraid of talking to cute girls.....and i don't exactly have a very personable personality... how can i get a conversation with her going? i don't like the idea of asking her a question on the work in class as a conversation starter because the teacher just lectures the whole time i am not even sure what i would ask her. what should i do?

College is an opportunity for you to mature from the I'm-shy-highschool-phased. You will have to stop treating cute girls like they are something special. It only reflects your lack of experience. Cute girls are normal people like the rest of us. Being able to treat them as such is usually what attracts them. You will need to work on your social skills if you ever want to get comfortable talking to them. If you are able to talk with other guys, then you should be able to do the same with girls. So I recommend you start building a circle of college friends, join some clubs, do some volunteer work. Get involved. You'll meet more females as well as make more friends. This will help you built up your confidence as well as improve your conversational skills. With that girl in your class, just ask her how she did in her exam and once you establish the first name basis, then invite her to some outing that you are going to. College is usually about making new friends so people are more open to being approached.

Jeesus H Chris,
    If you are too stupid or too scared to talk to another person of the opposite sex then my friend you are well and truly ****ed. Girls do not come from another planet and they have to do stuff like the rest of us - go to the toilet, fart - so stop being a pussy and get out there. Unless you want to stay alone for the rest of your life. Yep you'll get rejected along the way. I have. BUT you get out there and carry one. I was divorced at the age of 39 and now at the grand old age of 48 I have a wonderful partner - because you DO NOT give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Jeesus H Chris,
    If you are too stupid or too scared to talk to another person of the opposite sex then my friend you are well and truly ****ed. Girls do not come from another planet and they have to do stuff like the rest of us - go to the toilet, fart - so stop being a pussy and get out there. Unless you want to stay alone for the rest of your life. Yep you'll get rejected along the way. I have. BUT you get out there and carry one. I was divorced at the age of 39 and now at the grand old age of 48 I have a wonderful partner - because you DO NOT give up.

Calm the **** down old man. Your ways with the ladies cant be all that great if a women divorced your ass

To the OP.....ask her questions about the lectures or ask to study sometime. That's the great thing about college.... You automatically have something in common with every hot girl in your classes

Well, you have to ask yourself if the girl is out of your league. If she is, there's not much chance she will be interested. If people were to give you a rating from 1-10, and you are a 6, then you will have the best luck with women who are 5-7. My point: start with someone where you have a chance.

Keep in mind that in most US colleges, all women are STRONGLY encouraged to attend a dating seminar, where they say all men are potential rapists and murderers. (True story, I got the inside scoop from a girl who went to one.) So she may be totally freaked out by all men if she just attended this seminar.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    Calm the **** down old man. Your ways with the ladies cant be all that great if a women divorced your ass

To the OP.....ask her questions about the lectures or ask to study sometime. That's the great thing about college.... You automatically have something in common with every hot girl in your classes
    How the **** do you know he didn't divorce her? Moron.

for a girl there is nothing more attractive than man's confidence, no matter how bad you look or how awkward you might feel, make jokes, ask her how she is, don't say "hey whats up? say, hi nice to meet you my name is blah, blah sounds like were going to be in the same class for a year, don't be too playful, but do it like a true gentleman, as time goes you'll keep adding more and more to the conversation, good luck

Ya there is no other way around it....you got to have confidence. The first step is to not over think things and be yourself. Rejection is just part of life, it's not the end of the world.