+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who does this?

Who does this?

My boyfriend just had another blow out and this time it's over. We've been on and off for over a year. He has definite anger issues with a lot of his guy friends and me. I've seen him go through 4 male friends because he blows up and it's done. This time was my birthday and we don't see eachother all week because of our jobs. He made arrangements to stay at my place for the whole weekend but didn't really "plan" anything special for my bday. We went walking Sunday morning and then he took me to breakfast. During breakfast he saw a TV and said, "Oh I wonder if the game is playing tonight" immediately my mood changes. Yup sure enough it on at 5. After lunch he drops me off and says he has a few things to do at his house and he'll be back in a couple of hours. He announces via text that he should be here by 5 (which is 3 hours) He shows up and 5 and of course that's when the game starts. He asks if I want to watch a movie after the game, I say sure. He bought me flowers and presents. During the whole movie he acts bored and says his stomach hurt and went to go lie down. It's only 9! Neither one of us work the next day and yet he was done for the evening.

He goes to bed and Im just sitting there watching TV alone, I wasn't tired at all and wanted to spend time together. I go to my bedroom and he's playing on his phone, so I shut the door and go back to the living room. He comes out and said something attacking about being on the phone and so what.. do I have a problem with that?!? (voice raising) I said no, you should just leave. He packs his stuff storms down the hall way screaming all kinds of names at me, saying how ungrateful I am and blah blah blah while he gathers his stuff. He then grabs all the presents he gave me for my bday and packs them up to. Then grabs the flowers out of the vase and throws the water at me while I'm sitting on the couch, then breaks the flowers up and tosses them in the kitchen, then take the rest of the water and throws it in the kitchen floor.

Then he leaves telling me that it's over we are done don't bother calling him...etc

Any comments?

Good riddance if you ask me, you don't need anyone in your life that acts this way to you.

What a dick. You're lucky you don't have to deal with that anymore. Good luck with your new life. Hope your next guy isn't a pyscho.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Leave him once and for all, find a guy who loves and respects you.

Stay with him, and be scared and unhappy and part of an abusive relationship for the next couple of years.

Your choice.

Yes, I'm glad to say I'm out of THAT one! Wow! Thanks all for listening! I feel such a sense of relief that he's out of my life ! What a dick... He needs help, serious help.

Yes, he's definitely got anger and abuse issues that need to be addressed.

However, I also see that you have communications issues and expectations that go un-met because you don't communicate them. Try not to assume that anybody knows what you want, instead TELL them what you want, and what you feel. If you wanted him to spend time with you instead of watching the game, you should have said so.

All that aside, you are well shut of him.

Why do you need someone to tell you what is already obvious?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you get back after this, you are just as much an idiot as he is a jerk.

The fact that he is obviously an ass aside, it sounds like you wanted to be treated special for your birthday but couldn't actually tell him thats what you wanted. You need to fix that, or you are going to repeat this kind of frustration w/your next BF. Good luck.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Yes, he's definitely got anger and abuse issues that need to be addressed.

However, I also see that you have communications issues and expectations that go un-met because you don't communicate them. Try not to assume that anybody knows what you want, instead TELL them what you want, and what you feel. If you wanted him to spend time with you instead of watching the game, you should have said so.
    Oops, missed your post HIA, I agree about her communication problem. Mind-reading isn't on. In fact, if she had communicated clearly with him early on in their dating, she probably would have found out what a jerk he was much sooner and broke up long before things got to this point.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I don't expect him to read my mind, I did voice some things I wanted to do, like rent a movie, etc. but it was clear that he had is own agenda and the game was priority...and when it was over, his demeanor changed. He got what he wanted. It felt like he was just going through the motions and couldn't wait for the night to end. He actually said that very thing the following day when he tried to apologize for trashing my place before he left...I deserve A LOT better. That's another one of his "tricks" is to twist things so that I feel like it's my fault. I've learned my lesson.

Actually, if you had stayed with him, you KNOW your love can change him. It always does. Like in the movies.

I'm kidding. Be glad the trash took itself out. He was more concerned about the game than you.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Am I the only one that found the scene she described, hilarious?

What were his other tirades like? This guy could be TV material.

well be thankful that he is out of your life. Whatever you do, dont go back to him. You will end up being miserable and in an abusive relationship. The mistake girls tend to make is begin to miss their ex boyfriend because they feel lonely etc. so they call back the bastard and hope that this time around will be different and try to forget the past of his behaviour and what happens. Big mistake. His behaviour will just get worse the longer you are with him, the more of his true colors you will see, then before you know it you are stuck in a classic cycle of an abused girlfriend.
    Last edited by bcgirl; 22-02-12 at 10:15 AM.

Haha! I know, It was comical, just plain comical! There is no substance to this guy and he's all about DRAMA! I have no intention of going back to this loon. My life is so full and filled with fabulous people and family, he was the one piece that never fit right...and I knew it. I think I was waiting for another stupid tirade to happen so I could just get him out! My mistake was that I did that, wasted my time. I've never needed a guy to "complete" me and as for being lonely... it's much more lonely to be with somebody that isn't really there for you and everything is about them! Yuck!

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Am I the only one that found the scene she described, hilarious?

What were his other tirades like? This guy could be TV material.
    Oh trust me it continues... he gets home then text me that he left the wrapping paper and box at my house and he needs it to take back the gifts and wants to bring me stuff that i had at his house. Lame stuff like shampoo, soap, pair of jeans... so could he meet me downstairs to make the switch! Unbelievable! Pathetic! lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast