+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who does this?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Good, you're angry at him now. You should be. When you stop caring, that's when you'll be over him for sure. Hate isn't the opposite of love, its indifference.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    GHate isn't the opposite of love, its indifference.
    This is absolutely true.

That's terrible you had to witness something like that on your birthday. But his behavior only shows what he really thinks of you. I hope you know you are better than that, and you deserve better than that. The guy has serious mental problems. He needs to get help to deal with his issues. I suspect there is drug or alcohol abuse, or a history of trauma of some sort. Usually, guys like this come back begging and apologizing, saying it will never happen again. They are good for a while and it deteriorates back into the same nonsense. This could go on for years, with a girl with poor self-esteem. But I sense you have a good support network and think better of yourself to let this happen to you. I just wonder how you got involved with this guy in the first place.

When we started dating I always felt something off... he's in his mid-40s, never been married, lives and works alone and doesn't get a long with a lot of people. In the beginning he was very sweet and innocent, "truly in love" with me. I just think he can't stand being alone. He didn't know much about me or retained any details of my life. It was maddening trying to have meaningful conversations with him. We seemed to be from two different worlds and forced the issue of trying to be together... It's a real strain.

And yes, he is sobbing about the latest scene trying to apologize etc. Long winded emails about how he wished things didn't go the way they did. Problem is, there is no excuse for a grown man who says they "love" you to throw such a tantrum on their girlfriend's birthday. He's also manipulating the situation/breakup saying how he tried so hard to please me and that nothing was good enough for me from him... ?

^ and why are you listening to all these stories from him? Just delete your texts and emails when you receive them. Plain and Simple. I have a feeling he is going to reel you right into his arms. And then one day he'll break you like a pixiestick and you will be the one begging for him back. I have a feeling you are replying to his emails as well. Gag.

No. I haven't responded/replied to anything he sent. I know he's only saying what he's saying to make himself feel better. I do delete everything. But you're probably right, I should just block and delete... thanks for the tip... :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12