+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is she interested

Is she interested

Went out with a girl a month or so ago. Met online and both mid twenties. First date went great but the second date my nerves got to me. Asked her out again and she said connection wasn't there. After a month of no contact I called and left a message seeing if she would like to meet up. The next she texted she was sorry she missed my call and that she had been really busy with work. She finished with "I hope you are ping well". Is this a good thing or is she possibly just too nice to ignore my call. I'm just hoping to meet up casually in the near future. Really appreciate any input. Have any advice on how to proceed?

hmmm, I think you have to let this one go.

She said 'connection wasn't there'. That was loud and clear.

Furthermore, if she was interested, she would've made her text with open questions to let the conversation go. When I wasn't interested in a guy and he kept texting me, I did the same with 'I hope you are well' cos I didn't want to ignore him. At the same time, I didn't want to lead him on to more possible conversations. Otherwise, I'd have asked how he's been doing instead. I think she was just being polite.

Move on to 'Next!'
    “Really, sex and laughter do go very well together, and I wondered - and I still do - which is more important.” - Hermione Gingold-

You might be right. I was just hoping we could hang out as friends and see where it goes. After the first date she kept texting me, leading me to think it must have went really well. On the second date I just got nervous because I really liked her and wasnt myself. Im just hoping there may be enough of something there to meet up as friends. Any suggestions how I could pull it off?

To be brutally honest with you, she might not want to even meet up casually. In her mind, she sees you as someone she briefly dated, and as someone who is not a good fit for her. Being that you met her in a purely dating capacity, there was not a friendship to begin with. Also, she probably only sees you in a dating capacity (a capacity that she, for whatever reason decided wasn't meant to be). What I'm trying to say is, perhaps it's time you focused your attention on a girl worthy of your time.

BUT if you really can't let this one go (there's certainly something to say about persistence), next time inform her of your intentions. Let her know that you think she would be a great friend. Here's the only thing though, if she dodges your call and then gives a lame excuse and presents you with an end-conversation utterance such as "Hope all is well" then just leave her alone. You don't want to turn into "that creepy guy I met online". Ya know?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If she turned you down with 'connection wasn't there' then you need to stop contacting her. Sounds like she was honest and respectful in her response. Guys who continue to press are the reason why women develop bitchy responses to men: b/c a flat 'no' isn't taken at face value.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Sounds like you are an ok guy so she gave you another shot just to be fair.....she is honest about what she said, she didn't feel anything. There is no worth to you in trying to hang out with her again.....just let it go.

If she has been "busy with work", she probably doesn't have time for another friend. She might make time for that special guy, but already decided it wasn't you. It doesn't seem like there is a place for you in her life right now.