+ Follow This Topic

Thread: her brother died need advice asap

her brother died need advice asap

We dated for a month then about two months ago we stopped we still talk about 2 weeks ago her brother was in a car accident and he died today and im not sure what to do if i should be there for her or let her be i care about her and Still have feelings for her and i want to help her any way i can we are both aspie and j know in this situation ive ignored the feeling till i had a breakdown. what should i do?

No one enen views it really?

You tell her that you are there. If she needs a hug, if she needs to cry.

You only dated for one month, then it's been over for 2 months. You have no obligations at this point.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

I know when I lost me brother, I wanted to be left alone because there were so many people. After about a week I began to dislike people over all because of the way they bullied me. But at the end of the day, you always need someone to hug and have listen to you.

I don't think you need to change anything. It has been too long. If you still talk to her you should say something like "I am sorry about your brother. I'm here if you want to talk about it."

Just leave it.

Send her a condolence message (email, text or snail-mail) and then leave it alone.

Agree with everyone else. Let her know that you are there for her and leave it at that.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

my best friends boyfriend just died in an accident. The advice i can give you is to tell her that you'll be there for her. If she needs space to grieve you will respect that. If she has many days that she just doesn't want to talk.....you gotta understand that she will be going through very tough and dark days and won't want to talk to anybody. Don't ask her too many questions or try to talk to her too often....if she doesn't pick up your phone call or doesn't call you for days.....don't take it personally. Do every so often give a text saying nice things like "thinking of you and sending out my prayers to the rest of the family". THings like that is appreciated.

she is probably emotionally unavailable right now. when you go through something like that- you became very numb and whatever feelings you had before can completely change. you can be there for her but i would not expect anything in return. i would continue to move on. you obviously want to be there for her because you care about her but you have to protect your heart.