+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Shallow?

Shallow?

Is it wrong to have a preference? Does that really make you a shallow person? My preference someone who is slender/average type. Right? Someone who I can't take my eyes off of. As well has a personality to match. Well in the past year two people has tried to set me up with two people who were not my type. So I could not help but not feel it. Am I wrong about feeling this way? I would like to have the girl of my dreams. I am also supposed to meet this other person Monday and what should I do if she is not my type. I don't want to be heartless about it either.

The girl of your dreams is exactly that so be careful of fantasy-land. But physical attraction is important so if you don't feel it, you don't feel it. But I think it is still worth meeting people cuz ya never know, sometimes people can surprise you.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

It's not wrong to have preferences, but I think you do yourself a disservice if you only look for women who are exactly the physical type you desire.

Not finding a person attractive doesn't mean you are heartless. That's okay. Not every woman will find you attractive either.

Unless a person has a hideous look, don't hurry to brush off anyone at the first glance though. Be open minded.
    “Really, sex and laughter do go very well together, and I wondered - and I still do - which is more important.” - Hermione Gingold-