+ Follow This Topic

Thread: astrological sign compatibility

astrological sign compatibility

I'm a taurus and when i read my astrological trait it really rings true to my character/personalities. My ex was a gemini and tauruses/gemini's are a mismatch...earth sign + air sign.... I was too stable while he was too adventurous and crazy. My husband now is a cancer (water sign) and tauruses and cancers in the text book says we are a great match...and i really see this to be true. Any of you follow astrological signs and compatibility in your mate?

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    nah, it's all bullshit. although i would be your soulmate according to it
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

If you want to know more about relationship compatibility, try Linda Goodmans Relationship Signs. It teaches you how to do basic birth charts and compare them on many levels.

Is your cancerian partner a bit of a mamas boy? :-)
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Yeah... cuz ancient sun-worship is definitely important in making major life decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
    I'm a taurus and when i read my astrological trait it really rings true to my character/personalities. My ex was a gemini and tauruses/gemini's are a mismatch...earth sign + air sign.... I was too stable while he was too adventurous and crazy. My husband now is a cancer (water sign) and tauruses and cancers in the text book says we are a great match...and i really see this to be true. Any of you follow astrological signs and compatibility in your mate?
    OMG... I'm SO SCREWED! I'm a Gemini and my wife is a Taurus! I guess I'll have to divorce the love of my life/best friend now. Damnit.

I sincerely appeal to your common sense to stop putting your "faith", so-to-speak, in unscientific and silly things such as astrological signs. There is NO (I repeat NO) basis or logic behind it, they are random profiles put together to sound deliberately general, so as to make as many people as possible identify themselves with it. Astrology also holds a hidden fascination due to it's main appeal: if you're actively looking for a certain trait or characteristic about you, you WILL FIND IT. The same goes for fortune telling and the like. If you think it holds some validity for yourself, fine. Do whatever you like. But do NOT base your decisions in relationships on ludicrous things such as star signs. Use your own brain and sense your emotions.

Also, if you're looking for astrological advice, you might want to check one of their forums. You'll just have to dodge all the witches, druids, shamans and born-again Christians trying to convert you to "their" ideas.

I'm sorry if this sounds offensive to you, but astrology is simply complete BS, and should not be used for making any kind of life decisions whatsoever.

There is some truth in it. I am a Sagittarious. My first husband was an Aquarian. We lasted 5 years when just like the wind, he took off with someone else (Air sign).

My second husband was a fellow Fire sign - a Leo. When he was in a good mood he was fine but in a bad mood which could come out of the blue he lashed out, once putting me in hospital (nearly killed me). End of that marriage.

Third husband was a Taurus. He was steadfast and for the first few years we were very happy but then he tried to smother me emotionally. Illness aside the last few years of our marriage were not happy and I began to dread him coming in from work. We grew close again in the last three months of his life.

All the information I've read either in books or on the internet since said this is what would happen and it had.

Recently I met a Scorpio man (water sign). He wanted me as his GF there and then without taking time to get to know me (and vice versa). I did the Saggy thing, felt fenced in, jumped the fence and galloped away as fast as I could LOL.

Shame really because I did like the man and we had a lot in common. Had he not pushed so quick, something good might have developed. I had the underlying feeling that he could be very possessive - a Scorpio trait and I wasn't sure I could handle that. Also, any time I've met a Scorpio person I've known they are Scorpios long before they tell me their star sign. For some strange reason I automatically recoil from them. It's an instict thing yet once I get to know them we usually become good friends who can laugh together a lot. This applies to both male and female friends (not in a romantic sense).

There is definitely something with horoscope compatibility. I find I can tell a lot about a person by their star sign which often surprises them but in a relationship you have to learn to live with that other person's differences regardless of what their star sign is.

As a 100% Saggy (Saggy sun and Saggy moon) I run very true to form. I value my independence and freedom very highly and anyone who forms a relationship with me has to understand and accept that otherwise it won't work. Equally, in return that person will get my heart and loyalty. They also have to accept that I have a typical Sagittarian fiery temper and being a redhead compounds that. Things that set me off like Mount Vesuvius are cruelty to animals and children and anyone who threatens my personal freedoms and rights. Guaranteed mega volcanic eruption!

I think we can get along with any star sign in the Zodiac so long as we allow for each other's shortcomings, in other words compromise and give and take.

Miffy. Astrology is a lot more in-depth than the daily star signs you see in the newspapers. That really is for fun only but get a proper chart done by a good astrologer and you'd be quite surprised by how accurate they are. I couldn't do astrology as it is far too mathematical and complex for me. It is not based on fantasy but on mathematics. However, each to their own and we all have our own beliefs.

Now. Wonder what my horoscope is for today LOL.
    Last edited by Amber2011; 08-03-12 at 12:53 AM.

Oh lordy, the horse-hockey keeps piling up higher and higher in this thread.

There is nothing "mathematical" about it. Claiming that star signs at the time of birth, moon cycles and the alignment of planets have ANYTHING to do whatsoever with your personality, your love life or how you and your partner fit together is utter and complete rubbish. If you choose to believe this since it gives your past experiences some kind of meaning or makes them easier for you to understand, feel free to do so. Just don't claim that this makes it an absolute truth and irrefutable. That is simply wrong.

A friend of mine was really into this for a while, when he was in a bad emotional place. It seemed meaningful to him. He got me to read into it a bit when I visited. So I read about my sign, the pisces. Guess what, so much of it was correct about my personality (omg!) - which is kind of hard not to do, since it contained about a gazillion traits and characteristics and was several pages long. After perusing the others it quickly became apparent that not only did the profiles have overlapping areas due to similar wording and flat-out repetition, it is just nonsense. Again, if you go into this LOOKING for something, you will find it, since everything is there. However, there is no scientific, logical basis in facts or experience for astrology. Please do not claim it is so, because it's simply not true.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    There is nothing "mathematical" about it. Claiming that star signs at the time of birth, moon cycles and the alignment of planets have ANYTHING to do whatsoever with your personality, your love life or how you and your partner fit together is utter and complete rubbish. If you choose to believe this since it gives your past experiences some kind of meaning or makes them easier for you to understand, feel free to do so. Just don't claim that this makes it an absolute truth and irrefutable. That is simply wrong.

A friend of mine was really into this for a while, when he was in a bad emotional place. It seemed meaningful to him. He got me to read into it a bit when I visited. So I read about my sign, the pisces. Guess what, so much of it was correct about my personality (omg!) - which is kind of hard not to do, since it contained about a gazillion traits and characteristics and was several pages long. After perusing the others it quickly became apparent that not only did the profiles have overlapping areas due to similar wording and flat-out repetition, it is just nonsense. Again, if you go into this LOOKING for something, you will find it, since everything is there. However, there is no scientific, logical basis in facts or experience for astrology. Please do not claim it is so, because it's simply not true.
    It is mathematical. I couldn't work out the various degrees and alignments of the planets to save my life LOL.

Incidentally. I am NEVER going to go shopping with you Miffy. Went shopping with a Pisces friend of mine some years ago. Took her nearly half an hour to decide which tin of beans to buy LOL!!!

She was very artistic could do beautiful paintings and sketches and was a highly gifted classical guitarist. Many Pisces folk are very artistic. One of the great composers, Frederic Chopin was a Pisces. Pisces folk often tend to be dreamers too.

Still, as I said, each to their own

Dammit. I keep having to edit as I'm typing one-handed. Having one arm in plaster is soooo annoying and awkward...grrr.

Well there you go then - I hate shopping, I can'T stand waiting around for other people to pick stuff. And I choose very quickly.
    Most people tend to be dreamers. And I like to write, but would definitely mark me as more of a logical/science type of guy rather than artistic.

I didn't say it isn't mathematical in itself, you just sounded like you were trying to say "there's numbery stuff involved, it's valid!", which sounded very bogus to me.