+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: me 23 - she 35.. best friend, love, marriage ? but parents, relatives, society ?

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    About the edited thing... it's not your responsibility to make sure she gets married! That is insane, you shouldn't get married out of sacrificial instinct to "save" her or stuff... You don't sound like you are happy at the prospect of marrying her at all! Besides, you've only met her 5 times and you already proposed to her!? Just let it go...
    yes :-( it's her parents mistake who didn't get a groom for her.. hmmmmmmmmmm

I'm assuming it's a cultural thing then? In most western countries, parents aren't supposed to find spouses for their children. And it's 100% ok to not get married. Perhaps if you give us some info about your culture we can give better advice?

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    I'm assuming it's a cultural thing then? In most western countries, parents aren't supposed to find spouses for their children. And it's 100% ok to not get married. Perhaps if you give us some info about your culture we can give better advice?
    here in India, we have great cultural values.. parents and relatives and elders here look for spouses for their children and it's really bad for a girl or boy to stay unmarried all their life... society here starts off talking bad about the parents if they have unmarried daughter of 20+ years and unmarried son of 25+ years...

I'm glad I live in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I know someone who married with that age difference. Same, older woman younger man. But he was in his 30s. Quite different stage of life from you Bothside. You're still wet behind the ears and I think she's wrong to try to tie you down.
    Exactly this. I know from experience. Women are in their prime in their 30s, that's why they are attractive to younger men. There are a few ripe ones around your age, though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12