+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need advice..will it work?

Need advice..will it work?

The man I've been seeing does not trust anyone. He has been burned many times in his life, by everyone he has cared about. Now it's as if he has walls up and will not and can not let anyone in. He is unable to let his guard down. We hang out all the time and he tells me its a bad idea if we have sex because I will only get hurt, but he has sex with me anyways ( i dont think he comes around for just sex, we actually hang out alot and do other things together also). I know that he cares about me but he's warned me that he cant allow anyone in. Should I give him more time (we've been seeing each other about 5 months). If I am patient is there potential that things will go anywhere?

He has told you he can't let anyone in so it is very unlikely you will be any different. It's sad for him to have to live like this, going through life with no love because of past hurts. Has he ever talked about wanting to get past this and how he intends to?
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

No, he hasn't said how he will get past this. But he has told me he would like to get married someday.