+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Mixed Signals

Mixed Signals

Hey everyone, been awhile since I've been on here. Anyway, I started seeing this girl about 2 months ago. At first I could tell she was really interested in me, making plans with me, inviting me to things and just showing interest in general. However, the past few weeks it seems as if she has started to lose interest. She doesn't pay nearly the same amount of attention to me and she doesn't initiate any more. She did cancel on me last weekend because she was busy with work and getting ready to go away for a week, but she tried to recover it by asking to take me to lunch the next day indicating that she is interested (or just being nice). Other than that, she never turns me down when I make plans with her and we still kiss good bye when we part, I'm getting mixed signals. Also, we aren't very physical. She doesn't appear to be a big kisser/makeout person unless it is leading to something more (which has only happened twice in two months). Since things started to get weird we have only done one quick lunch and we went to Boston for St. Pattys day with a bunch of our mutual friends (she wasn't acting much into me there either). I really like her and I don't want to screw things up. Right now I think I like her more than she likes me (which is the opposite of when we started dating). We are both 26-27 years old. We are going to dinner Wednesday and I was considering talking about this/us/what she is thinking because I cannot really tell and I'm not a fan of having to wonder. This is scarey because I don't want to seem so much more invested in her than she is in me and scare her away. If there is still a chance between us I don't want to squash it by bringing this topic up. I'm not in a rush to become girlfriend/boyfriend, I just don't want to lose the potential for that to happen. I was wondering if you think this is the right approach to the situation? Or should I leave it as it is, and just take it that if we are still going out on dates that she is still interested, I just need to do something to turn up her attraction for me? If I bring this up on Wednesday, what is a tactful way to do it without coming off as needy or insecure? Thanks for your input.

Maybe you should keep a low profile with her for a little while, if she is genuinely interested in you she will contact you.
    If she doesn't, as least you know where you stand.

Of course the other option is to ask her how she feels about you? If she sees you as a great friend and nothing more then that's all you will ever be.

So you think I should not mention anything and just basically leave her be and wait until she contacts me? And if she never does then that's the sign that she isn't interested. I was thinking about asking it lightly without putting her on the spot by saying something a long the lines of how we've both been pretty busy but that I've been feeling funky vibes and asking her if we are still good.