+ Follow This Topic

Thread: confused by a new boy!

confused by a new boy!

Long story short, I met this guy 2 weeks back on a saturday night party with friends. We had a good time together and ended up staying out till 6 am. When it was time to go home he decided to drop me home despite my protests. By the time we reached my place it was 7 am and we were both very drunk. So, I offered to let him crash on the couch and he agreed. We spoke for a while, shared pictures and then finally fell asleep on my bed in the middle of our conversation. He woke up before me and after bidding me goodbye told me he wanted to go home. Since then we have been texting every alternate day, exchanging 4-5 texts each time, most of the conversation being about how silly we acted that night.

The next friday afternoon, he texted me asking if I was free in the evening. I was, and so we decided to meet up. We went for a long walk in the park and then dinner. After dinner, we ended up drinking again. So at about 10 pm we decided to go to my place and watch a movie with beer. Despite, the movie running in the background we just ended up talking most of the time and barely paid any attention to the movie. Finally, we fell asleep at about 4 am again mid conversation. When we woke up, we laughed about how we silly we had again been and he hugged me kissing my forehead, eyes and cheeks. We lay in bed hugging and talking for an hour or so. Then we ended up going out for lunch, meeting some common friends and hung out till about 8 pm with everyone else.(basically we spent about 24 hours with each other) Then, he said he was tired and decide to go home. He texted me goodnight later to which I responded. This was on saturday night, and it is now monday morning and I have not yet heard from him. I think i have started liking this guy, but i am not sure how he feels. From friday's and saturday's incidents i felt like he liked me, but in that case why hasn't he texted yet? I don't know what to do. Help!

Don't worry, by the sounds of it he likes you a lot, he wouldn't be spending so much time with you if he didn't. He will text you in due course if he hasn't already.

Jeesh! Give the guy sometime and a little space already

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    There are 2 kinds of likes, the first is you connect as friends, and he's comfortable with you, but he doesn't see you as someone to be serious with. The second of course is he likes you as girlfriend material. Just because you're fun to be with, doesn't mean he likes you to be his girlfriend. This is the part you need to figure out. Maybe you should try asking him him out this time and figure where you stand in his life.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

True, that he could just be comfortable with me. But, if that was the case would you really hug and kiss a girl you were just comfortable with and didn't want anything more from? I am not sure.

The point is, we both haven't really spoken about whether we like each other. I want him to make the move because I don't want to ruin the friendship by saying I like him and then making it uncomfortable to hang out with each other, friends etc if he doesn't feel the same way. Do you think just inviting him to hang out sometime this weekend would sound platonic enough to not freak him out?

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    Personally, my sequence of events would be more of kissing and hugging first, then stay at the girl's place when we're more than friends. That's my policy of respect. I'm a little conservative in that manner, so things are a little different compared to yours. Normally, he should make the move since he's quite close to removing your pants already. But then again, things would get more confusing if you don't find out now as to how he really feels, so its better to make the move and tell him you like him and see how things go from there. By doing that, if he steps away, then you would know where he stands in the relationship. For me, its no big loss if he goes away after that. It would just mean he's looking for someone to make himself feel good without considering how the other party might feel.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest