+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I tell her?

Should I tell her?

My best friend is a girl I have known for 8 yrs. I have liked her romantically periodically over this time, but have never said anything to her even at times when I thought she might feel the same way. There are 2 reasons I have never told her: (1) she is the best of my very, very small group of friends and I worry about ending our friendship; and (2) she attends college very far away from me and I only see her 2 or 3 times each year.

I recently saw her over spring break and began to like her again. Since seeing her I have had a stronger urge than ever to tell her what I feel, but I really don't know if I should. I don't feel like anything will be accomplished by telling her, she will still live so far away and I don't think that she likes me anymore as she just started dating someone. Despite this, I still want her to know for some reason. Perhaps I'm being selfish, because I don't believe that her knowing will bring anything good into her life. I posted on this forum to ask what you all think of the situation and whether or not you would want your friend to tell you. Thanks for any advice.

I understand your situation. It might be very tempting to tell your best friend about your feelings since you might think that the relationship will be even better if its between two very close people. Unfortunately, I wouldnt recommend you to take the risk. I told my best friend and well my friendship is pretty much ruined now and I regret it everyday. If you really want to give it a try, why dont you ask one of her friends to find out how she feels about you?