+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How long should I wait to text my ex...? HELPPP

Livelaughlove17 Guest

How long should I wait to text my ex...? HELPPP

My ex and I broke up 2 weeks ago. The only reason we broke up is because he is shipping out soon. When we broke up he just said I was a great girl and he had feelings but he had to leave for the military single. We never had sex, so I know that's not what he wanted. We haven't had any contact since the breakup, and for a while I thought maybe he just didn't care but when my friend asked him about the breakup 2 days ago, he seemed upset. I guess my question is, should I wait to text him and how long? I miss him and want to talk, I'm just scared of how it'll go right now.. Part of me wants to talk but part of me thinks it's too soon...? Any advice??

You should wait until you're completely over the relationship. And at that point you'll probably not even have the desire. Obviously right now you're not over him and that's why the idea makes you scared. Yes, it's too soon. But you sound really inexperienced, like high school girl level, and you'll probably give in because you are under the impression you love him, and eventually you'll learn you didn't. I know from my own experience in high school, when I was 18 and had my first girlfriend, who never even let me kiss her, yet we were together a total of a month and I felt "heartbroken" because she said she loved me and then broke up.
    [url]http://www.loveforum.net/threads/64358-My-ex-doesn-t-want-to-remain-friends...-Help[/url]!

To be honest he probably got bored. You were together two months and had no sex. Sex isn't something you ask for--maybe he was respectful enough to realize that when you didn't make a move you didn't want it. There's definitely no rule saying you need to stay single when you go into the military, and if someone loved you they wouldn't actually give you up completely over that.

That same girl that left me moved on to another guy who was also leaving for the military. He told her he used to only use girls for sex but she was different, told her he loved her so he could take her virginity and have painful sex a few times, and broke up after 7 months because he was "leaving." Guess what? He got another girlfriend after that.
    Last edited by noerrorsfound; 26-03-12 at 03:06 AM.

Livelaughlove17 Guest
    Yeah you're right.. But I guess if we did stay together when he left, I would've been a huge distraction, plus he would've gotten 30 days a year to be home. Maybe this was for the best..? And he knew that I would've had sex with him soon in that relationship, we had talked about it. So if that's really what he wanted he would've stayed until he got it.
    Last edited by Livelaughlove17; 26-03-12 at 04:55 AM.

I think you should text him now maybe just to ask how he has been and then just a general conversation and then later when you find out that you both are talking comfertably than ask him if he can think about your relationship to the next term and just tell him what you feel for him like you only loved him and remember to tell him that you still care about him and can be thr fr him even he is far away. but remember say only the things that you u really feel u can do all the best