+ Follow This Topic

Thread: why are others against me and him dating esp his mom... -.-

why are others against me and him dating esp his mom... -.-

His bff which is my childhood friend be talking stuff behind my back and saying that I got no life because I don't have a job since I just graduated from university. I havent seen her in over 10 years and she knows nothing about me. I got part time job and still taking some classes to improve my knowledge to learn graphic design, but she worse than me. She messed up her credit because she did not pay her bills and continues to by expensive stuff like LV, coach, gucci, burberry, and partied a lot while I'm living in a pretty stable life and learning to save. I work hard for myself, but she does not.

Then I got a a b**** fit from one of my facebook friend that I met through others b****es at me because he had issues with him in the past. It got nothing to do with me, so don't be b****ing at me. And it been years since that incident happened no need to put the blame on me because I am dating him and I barely know him too.

But worse of all is his mom who doesn't like me. I tried my best to make an effort to talk to her and get to know her, but its not easy for me since i am shy. At times, he tells me that he throws a fit at him because of me. I did nothing to them or anyone. I wish they can all just stop assuming stuff about me and get to know the real me instead of labeling me as something I am not. I said Hi she ignored me and I'm like wow... how nice.. that is very rude... at least say oh hi... it's you.. instead of ignoring and giving me a mug shot.

I am very likeable and easy to get along with and I make friends easily and people likes me. I haven't really been hated by anyone or talked about behind my back... They all seem like they are jealous. I think my chlildhood friend is jealous that he giving me a lot of attention now and she feels more lonely. Then the other friend is jealous because his life is more messed up than my boyfriend's. his mom is probably jealous that he brought me home so early in the process since he barely brings girls home and scared I am too young for him or something.
    Last edited by iamminzy; 22-03-12 at 02:25 PM.

Well one thing I definitely know is that mothers are always threatened when their son brings home a girlfriend. It's a popular occurance. They tend to think that there is no girl out there good enough for their little baby boy and so do their best to make them feel as uncomfortable and unwelcome as possible maybe in the hope that they'll eventually get fed up and leave. I wouldn't worry about her. She's the one with the issue, let her sort that out herself.

And I think in the case of your friend it does sound like she is jealous also. Don't worry about her either, she's just going to have to deal with the fact that you and him are together and not him and her. Let her run around talking crap to people. It won't make anything any better for her. Continue with your relationship don't let people like her get in the way. I wish you both much happiness.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I disagree with the previous post; mothers are NOT always threatened when their sons bring home a girl.

Your boyfriend knows why his mother doesn't like you; he just isn't telling you. And I doubt it's because she (and everyone else) is jealous of you.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Well, i don't have a stable job that's for sure. She liked one of his friend because she was a nurse, but I guess she can't do anything about it. He did tell me that she said I was shy and acted like a child.... I did not act like a child in front of her.. I never did... she didn't even talk much to me, how do you expect me to start a conversation when you don't try to ask much about me or get to know me? I'm not here to impress her or anything. My boyfriend expects me to behave nicely to his parents because he don't want me to give them a bad impression, but I feel so pressured around his family because it feels like I being interviewed by them and I have to show my best side. I don't like having to put on a show in front of them which I don't, but I don't like him telling me to behave nicely to his parents. It makes it seem more pressuring and it sounds like his parents are hard to please. I am also not here to please his mother, I just want her to try to get to know me that I am not a bad person, but how can I prove it when she doesn't even give me a chance to progress? No one would want to talk to someone who just randomly ignores them like that. I'm still upset about her ignoring be because that was down right rude of her. I mean seriously have some class... If I said that in front of my boyfriend he going to throw a fit, but seriously though.

He be saying my mom be tripping when she calls me when I am with him, but she's really a lot friendlier than his mom though. At least when they first met my mom tried to continue the conversation and get to know him. She didn't even try to continue the conversation and willing to talk to me. So I don't know why she complaining I am shy. I actually can talk a lot if people give me a chance to talk and not give me attitude or discontinue the conversation.

I said hi to her the first time I saw her. She asked me what I was doing with the glue gun and what's the glue gun for and I told her and I tried to act cheery and happy. Then she walks away and I asked her did she eat yet, and she asked me if I have school and I said not today. I asked her you don't have work today? I thought she was nice even though she did not continue the conversation. Then second time I meet her, she ignores me wtf? It makes me so frustrated...