+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A little confused

A little confused

Went out with a group of friends on a Friday night, and hit it off really well with one of my friend's wife's friends. We pretty much talked and flirted all night, ignoring the rest of our friends, and exchanged numbers at the end of the night. I have known her for many years, but really just as an acquaintance. This was the first time we had any meaningful interaction other than 'hello, how are you?' with each other. We are both in our early 30s.

I called her the following Monday evening, and left a message on her voice mail because she did not answer. After two days, she had not returned my call, so I sent a text message instead with an inside joke from Friday night to see if she would respond. She replied back almost immediately with an apology for not calling me back, and we ended up having a text message conversation. I know I should have asked her out over the phone rather than text, but we were already texting, so I told her I would love to take her out on Saturday night. She said she really wanted to, but she had already made other plans that she couldn't cancel and we would have to do it another time. She kind of ended the conversation after that.

We talked again earlier this afternoon very briefly, she said she would text me back later. Nine hours later, no text. I know people can get sidetracked or busy, but I'm starting to see a pattern here.

I figure I will wait a week before calling her again, and if that turns out to be a no-go that will be the last time I call her. I know women often give out numbers even if they aren't interested, but she seemed really interested and I haven't had this happen before so I'm a little confused. Is it possible she is playing games with me, to see what I will do? Maybe she was interested at the time, but not anymore?

Thanks for any advice, it is appreciated.

You should have stopped at the first call.She saw it and waited for your next move to asses your "desperation level".Yep,you got pranked! Write this one down in your books,please.
    And before I continue,never EVER call a woman you exchange numbers with,wait for her to make the move...always!!
    Last weekend I met this wooow woman from Sweden, we exchanged numbers and she already called 3 times.They never lose interest if you dont call,totally the opposite.
    Another huge mistake : when a woman rejects a date and doesnt propose another date is a NO-GO and you should stop there...always!
    And yes,she was playing games with you.You cant blame her,it was too easy to ignore that ego trip.
    You seriously confused ??
    And we all keep learning...everyday...

Don't call or text her anymore. You've made your interest known, if she's interested as well, she will get in touch.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest