+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Stay....or Go...?

Stay....or Go...?

Hi All,
    Newly recovering 40 y/o Nice Guy here, living with Girlfriend and her 2 kids + my son. Lost my job a few weeks back. Took a lot to tell her, and also told my parents as well, since they live nearby and help with my son. They said if things get rough in terms of making my half of rent, I can move in by them until I get back on my feet.
    I already had this talk with my GF, and told her I might not have an option for a while. She was not happy....thinking why would I wanna move...but financial pain is excessive, and now a few weeks later....I am AT that point of not making my half of rent, food, etc.....it's emasculating, no matter what the GF says....

Any suggestions? I'm looking for work daily and intensely....but it has to cover over and above my total sum of expenses (I have a magic #).

Thanks!

Recovering from what?

Sharing your lives but not the finances ? Ever heard of "take one for the team"?
    If she gives you a hrad time then move to your parents and on your way out hit the NEXT button.

Anywho, if you are in a tight spot, you need to look at selling some of your stuff, take 2 part time jobs instead of searching for a full time one that pays what you need. Maybe even work under the table to avoid taxes.

If both of you share dept, you both need to sit down and do up a budget in writing. See where the money is going and eliminate unnecessary things, cut back on your spending, start coupon shopping, quit smoking or what other things you can cut back on.

So, if you move out to your parents, will your gf be able to afford full rent on her own?
    “Really, sex and laughter do go very well together, and I wondered - and I still do - which is more important.” - Hermione Gingold-

Recovering from Nice Guy Syndrome

So what does it to pertain to?

team work guys !