+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why do males make it seem like they dont care????

why do males make it seem like they dont care????

Okkkk sooo ive known this guy for over 6 months now and we decided to keep a long distant relationship. He use to care about me alotttt and would show it but now it
    seems like he just doesn't care. if i try to confront him about it he will ignore me or
    tell me im being over dramatic or just blame it on me. :'(

i need helppp..i dont know what to doo about this situation because it makes me feel
    as if he just doesnt love me anymore..and i am a VERY paranoid person... he also
    doesnt say anything to reassure me :'(

Guess what? He doesn't care. He doesn't even have to - all he has to do is make it your fault and you cave in and be quiet - right?

Time to move on, quit letting him manipulate you.

It's true, if he cared he would show it.

Sounds like you ought to end this relationship. Here's a way to test his interest. Let him call you. See how long it takes before he calls wondering if you are okay.

awww thanks for the responses guys

I wish wish wishhhh i could leave him...but i just cant. I love him way to much and he knows wayyy to much about me. If i left
    him it would be like losing a lover and a best friend.

@ camm Lool wow i was about to do that today. Its my birthday today and i still havent gotten a msg from him -_- Yesterday
    we didnt talk much because we got into an argument. I was about to send him a msg telling him how hes making me feel but i will drop that now and see if he calls or sends me a msg frst.

Thanks
    Last edited by starburst; 31-03-12 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by starburst View Post
    I wish wish wishhhh i could leave him...but i just cant. I love him way to much and he knows wayyy to much about me. If i left
    him it would be like losing a lover and a best friend.
    So you're ok with being in a one-sided relationship? Because he doesn't care about you.

Quote Originally Posted by starburst View Post
    Okkkk sooo ive known this guy for over 6 months now and we decided to keep a long distant relationship. He use to care about me alotttt and would show it but now it
    seems like he just doesn't care. if i try to confront him about it he will ignore me or
    tell me im being over dramatic or just blame it on me. :'(

i need helppp..i dont know what to doo about this situation because it makes me feel
    as if he just doesnt love me anymore..and i am a VERY paranoid person... he also
    doesnt say anything to reassure me :'(
    How sad and lonely for you.

The question is; why would you want to wait around as someone's option? Surely you're more popular, have more options that you'd not settle for that ~ no matter how much you love him, if it's not reciprocated what really do you have?
    Last edited by Wakeup; 31-03-12 at 12:42 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    How sad and lonely for you.

The question is; why would you want to wait around as someone's option? Surely you're more popular, have more options that you'd not settle for that ~ no matter how much you love him, if it's not reciprocated what really do you have?
    I agree with wakeup. You need to put your feelings aside and take a better look at the reality of your situation. If you hang onto him any longer it's going to be much more painful for you when he completely cuts you off or you find out he is with someone else.

I'm not a guy but I've been in that situation before. I think when you hurt enough you will take yourself out of it. I'm not sure if this is a good advice but don't love guy too much or if you love him too much don't make him knows. Their priorities are friends, hobbies, ... , girlfriend. They just want enough love but not too much.

Leave him alone. Hes not into you anymore.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Thanks for the advice everyone :')

He and i had a long talk a couple of days ago and he had completely misunderstood something i had said and interpreted his own meaning to it which led him to distance himself from me. He is still a bit distant from me and wont express himself as much as he use to but i know he still loves me. I really do hope everything goes well with us, he is my first and last <3

OK Starburst, you seem like a nice, sweet girl. You've been given some great advice by the others.

Us guys don't usually talk about this sort of thing, but I am going to let you in on a few little secrets.

We like girls who are strong, independent and are a little arrogant (think female equivalent of a bad boy). Now I'm not saying to be an outright b1tch, but be more demanding of men.

From your posts that you have written, you sound like a great catch, and any guy would be lucky to have you, and you need to get into the habit of thinking like that. Does your boyfriend deserve your attention at the moment? No he doesn't because he hasn't been giving you the ATTENTION THAT YOU DESERVE.

For the next week, wait for him to call or text you first. Don't be tempted to chase him, that will just drive him further away. If he doesn't call you, move on and find a guy that treats you the way you deserve.
    Last edited by Linerider; 03-04-12 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Linerider View Post
    OK Starburst, you seem like a nice, sweet girl. You've been given some great advice by the others.

Us guys don't usually talk about this sort of thing, but I am going to let you in on a few little secrets.

We like girls who are strong, independent and are a little arrogant (think female equivalent of a bad boy). Now I'm not saying to be an outright b1tch, but be more demanding of men.

From your posts that you have written, you sound like a great catch, and any guy would be lucky to have you, and you need to get into the habit of thinking like that. Does your boyfriend deserve your attention at the moment? No he doesn't because he hasn't been giving you the ATTENTION THAT YOU DESERVE.

For the next week, wait for him to call or text you first. Don't be tempted to chase him, that will just drive him further away. If he doesn't call you, move on and find a guy that treats you the way you deserve.
    Maybe you do. Fair enough. But...

Us guys do not like girls who are "a little arrogant".

Are you sure you are male? Your profile says so but your choice of style and vocabulary is strangely female, I mean what you wrote reads like a copy&paste from a cosmo article.

Don't mean to be rude or anything, just couldn't stop myself from writing this.

Actually, not. I am going to be rude. Have re-read your post. You ARE A WOMAN MASKING AS A MALE. Each and every phrase contains a clear give-away.

No man ever talks/writes about:

- giving attention/deserving attention = attention is a woman's currency;
    - men don't care about strong and independent women, at least not as the primary criterion;
    - the BS about "chasing" a guy (=giving him attention) is supposed to "drive him away"
    - what a woman "deserves" or does not "deserve".

I see what everyone is trying to say here....guys don't like a GF that is clingy, well come to think of it, no one likes clingy anyways girl or guy, oh and also needy. When needy and clingy comes into play so does NAGGING, and WHINING...that's a big buzz kill. That will push anyone away for sure. Arrogance is kinda heavy ya I agree, no one really appriciates attitude, maybe more like "independent and confident", like having a life outside the relationship instead of depending on them to be your life or to entertain you. Personal space is key. Distance makes the heart grow fonder as they say.

Who wants to hear "you don't appriciate me and all the things I do for youuuuu....whaaaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaa......no one wants to hear that crap.

If you feel they don't then just stop doing all those things.
    Last edited by smackie9; 04-04-12 at 04:13 AM.

lool ahaha noooo im not a maleeeeeeeee :s does my profile thingy actually say im a male?? omg :s i shuld fix that even though im pretty sure i clicked female :s

thanks for the advice smackie9 and linerider and thanks for notifying me sixpacj

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast