+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm just not that into him.

I'm just not that into him.

Hello everyone .

I could really use some advice. I started dating a guy right around the first of the year, we met at a bar. Judging from his facebook at the time, he was dating a girl when I met him but when we started dating he broke it off with her. Over the course of a month and a half, things really picked up for him liking me, while I was having doubts. Then, and now, I just don't know how I feel about him. He told me he loved me, I broke it off with him, only to keep talking to him (friends, we said), and I guess we are back together now.

I've started going back to school while working full time, don't have a lot of time, and I just end up resenting the times I have to pull away from my stuff to go out with him. I feel like we don't have anything to talk about, and I'm not sure if it's because we are both kind of boring or we are shy or just don't click. He's "loving"...but not exciting. I'm not sure if this is my deal, I will admit I've been in too many FWB deals and perhaps not so much used to this sort of long term relationship with a 'good guy'. I don't even consciously do it, but I end up ignoring his texts sometimes or making excuses not to see him.

Reading this back to myself, I sound like a horrible person stringing him along. I really should let him move on, but I'm just really confused about the way I feel about him. I've read a lot of conflicting things on 'clicking', 'sparks', 'pheromones'...what is you guys' opinion? Do you need a 'spark' to be in a relationship? Is there anything I can do to try to like him better?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No, just let him go, he's not for you. You do sound horrible stringing him along.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

If your not into him, there isn't much you can do.... just tell him the truth and leave him alone so that he can move on.

I wouldn't say you're being horrible and stringing him along - if so, you wouldn't worry about it, but you are.

You do need to break up with him though. There's no point in prolonging it.