+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Decided He Doesnt Want To Be With Me 3 Weeks After Getting House Together!

Decided He Doesnt Want To Be With Me 3 Weeks After Getting House Together!

My boyfriend of 2 1/2 years has decided that he doesnt want to be with me even though we have just moved into our first house together. he was the one who asked me move in so I have left my job, family, friends etc to move an hour away to be with him.
    His reason is because I have a child. He has known this for the whole duration of the relationship.
    We are now living in the same house and he wont move out until the tenancy ends in 6 months time.
    It leaves me in quite a predicament with working, I think I will have to leave my job as I now dont have anyone to help me with cost or pick the child up from school.
    I also have no friends here, no support network at all. He has basically ruined my life.
    Why on earth would someone do this to a person??

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He got cold feet and isn't ready to be someone elses baby dad. Sucks, but on the other hand, its asking a lot of a guy to take on this responsibility. He has every right to refuse, even if the way he did it was awful.

There is more to this story btw. Did you pressure him to move in? Or did something else happen you aren't telling us about? Sane people don't change their mind on a dime and I assume he's sane if you stayed with him this long.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

How long ago did you start to live with him? Few days? Few weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Saya View Post
    How long ago did you start to live with him? Few days? Few weeks?
    As per the Op's thread title:
    Decided He Doesnt Want To Be With Me 3 Weeks After Getting House Together!

Why on earth would someone do this to a person??
    Maybe someone told him that he will be financially responsible for your child if you live together after a certain amount of time even if you guys don't last the test of time as a couple. Or: Maybe after living with a child after three weeks he has determined that children are'nt for him? The guesses could go on forever.

Sorry this happened to you.

Oh sorry...must of miss-read it due to my poor English...

No worries, Saya. I just thought I'd answer your question (on behalf of the op) so that you could offer your advice. :o)

Reality can be a kick in the nuts, I think he found this out. 24/7 is quite different than overnight or weekend visits, knowing you get to leave. I know it's not the greatest or most practical advice, but single moms need to look for single dads.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest