+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What do you think of a facebook relationship?

What do you think of a facebook relationship?

What do you think of a guy who meets a girl on facebook (he never met her in person yet) and their relationship is now about 2 1/2 weeks long. He even gave her his facebook password and she has access to his facebook account! He already calls her "honey" and she posts this as a status update in his facebook for everyone else to see on his facebook wall: "I miss you honey. I love you" She even wrote another status update on his wall saying,"It's hard when you're far from the one you love, but if it's for them- then its for the best" (he has a job working abroad. And I thought he was thinking of me when he wrote this status update until I found out about this slut) (I know that it wasn't him who wrote those status updates because he later wrote in the comments, "I didn't write those. My honey wrote those.") There is a photo of him edited with photomania (an app in facebook) with a heart shape framing his face. He wrote this comment under that photo, "Nice, my honey. hahahaha" They exchanged cellphone numbers and he calls her "HOney" in texts. One of his texts was "Hon...I'm now in the house. I'm going to call my mom. I've already eaten dinner. Have you eaten dinner yet??" Maybe they also talked on the phone because they exchanged cellphone numbers in facebook. Is this real love?

He's 19 years old (will be 20 in May) Is he truly in love with this whore or is this an infatuation?

This is my boyfriend by the way- and he said to me, "I'm so sorry, I fell in love with another girl. I don't want to hurt you, but I'll tell you this, you're still my best friend." This is the girl he met on facebook. I met him in person first before communicating with him via phone/cellphone (he's the neighbor of my cousins) but he never met this other girl in person. And he broke up with me because of this girl.

I think he fell in love with her pictures on facebook

I really hate this girl. I wish she would die : P
    I know love at first sight in person exists- but what about love at first sight in facebook? does that exist too?

How could he have fallen in love with this slut so quickly on facebook? She must have been good at flirting with him. How did she charm him into getting him to give her his facebook password? Did she manipulate him? Is she evil and clever?
    Don't stay I shouldn't blame her, because she knew he was in a relationship with me at the time they met. (she must have known if she has access to his account- she probably read all of the messages I sent to him) I wish I could read his private facebook inbox/chat history so I can know & investigate how their relationship started. (And so I could find out who this girl is- because I asked him who the girl is and he won't tell me probably because he's afraid that I will fight with her)
    Please don't say I should forget him/move on, I already know that already. In time I will. But for now, I'm not ready. I'm not interested in dating other guys yet- and the next guy might hurt me too. Maybe it's best to stay single for awhile. (or forever!)

Sorry but reading that made me laugh. I can't believe that a guy that age (ergo not some 12 year old) is capable of breaking up with his girlfriend using THAT as an excuse. It's true though - you shouldn't blame her. If he fell for her so quickly (if it's even possible to fall for someone you've never met, I don't think so!), it means there were problems in your relationship, needs he didn't feel fulfilled. Otherwise he wouldn't have looked elsewhere to start with. I'm not saying it's *your* fault eh, it's nobody's fault, it just happened. Personally, I'd be happy to lose a guy so naive and clueless. He "fell in love", yeah right XD!

I didn't laugh when I read the Opost but I did snort.

He's 19 years old (will be 20 in May) Is he truly in love with this whore or is this an infatuation?
    You should be directing just as much indignation and negative emotion toward your slut of a boyfriend. Once you realize that, then you'll be able to laugh at him and his immaturity and be happy that he's no longer in your life.

BTW: People who feel perfectly fulfilled with who they are with will cheat if it's part of who they are and they have no personal boundaries. It's not a "he did this because you didn't make him happy thing" all of the time.

Op: Your boyfriend has no personal boundaries and men like that (hell, women too without boundaries) usually make piss poor long term relationship material. Consider yourself lucky you found out now and not later.

His feelings may go away if They meet each other someday... because FB is not really alive. I did have the same thing like your bf, and then I did feel regret...

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    People who feel perfectly fulfilled with who they are with will cheat if it's part of who they are and they have no personal boundaries. It's not a "he did this because you didn't make him happy thing" all of the time.
    As I said, it isn't the OP's fault, since it's not up to her to "make him happy". But evidently he wasn't entirely satisfied with what he had (in the relationship and in general), otherwise he wouldn't have crossed the boundaries in the first place. It may even just be that he needed to explore new possibilities, and being in a relationship made him unable to fulfill that need. It might be anything really.

i was just contending he had no boundaries at all in the first place and that's why he has done what he has done. As I mentioned, people without personal or relationship boundaries in place make poor long term partners. He, as he's shown her didn't make a good long term partner.

That's true, unfortunately. It's hard to not be tempted when you do nothing to avoid the temptation in the first place.

When someone else in another place (Yahoo Answers) asked a question earlier and she said she known a guy in facebook for a year (and she wants to meet him in person), people answered to her, "How could you love someone you have never met?" So maybe my boyfriend couldn't really love this slut he met in facebook because he hasn't met her in person yet. Hopefully their relationship won't last. : P

OP... have you read our replies at all?

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    OP... have you read our replies at all?
    Seriously, Op. Have you read your thread?

What difference does it make if maybe he really doesn't love her or not. He thought so little of you that he dumped you for a cybersexing fantasy. Sadly that is the crux of your situation.

Knowing what he did should be enough for you to swiftly heal from the end of your relationship if you accept it and stop hoping. Resign yourself to the fact he's gone and get on with your own life without him in it.

i think op is 13 years old