+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is the one thing you wish you understood about men?

What is the one thing you wish you understood about men?

We all know that us guys often have the same recurring questions about women, but what about you women? What one thing have you never understood about men but wish you could make sense of?

why they cant fully express themselves for instance my bf is all lovely dovey one minute and then he will act all macho and act like he doesnt give a damn vice versa.

he also never tells me wats on his mind -_- and if i do something wrong he will want me to figure out what ive done wrong rather than telling me
    himself -_-

its so annoying

I love men just the way they are...never change a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by starburst View Post
    why they cant fully express themselves for instance my bf is all lovely dovey one minute and then he will act all macho and act like he doesnt give a damn vice versa.
    That's because he's been socialized since birth to only display two emotional modes - happy and angry. Boys in particular are socialized that to display emotion (other than those two) is to display weakness. It's true of both genders, but particularly with men, most negative emotions are displayed as anger.

he also never tells me wats on his mind -_- and if i do something wrong he will want me to figure out what ive done wrong rather than telling me
    himself -_-

its so annoying
    That's not a "male" trait, that's passive-aggressive behavior... and women are more prone to it than men. It's not right in either case.

That is how you create the power of attraction...push and pull method. If he didn't do that he would lose his appeal to you.

himself -_-

its so annoying
    You really don't want to know what is on their mind...."Hey that waitress has a real nice rack". "Wow nice tits". "Hmmm, I'd really would rather watch the game than listen to her talk about her boring day" "Oh I think there's still dip in the fridge". " Oh crap she is gonna tell me not to wear this shirt...f uckit I'm wearing it!". "Why does she keeps asking me if there's something wrong...how annoying!" "oh well once I have a beer I will forget about it anyways".

Men are simple. I understand them completely. It's women who complicate things. I always give my BF a heads-up on how women operate. For example (we are long distance so our main communication is IM or Skype)

ME: I have to go now, got lots of study.

HIM: Ok babe. Goodnight.

ME: What, you're not even going to act upset or say 'noooo don't go' (I was joking around with him to illustrate to him a point about women)

HIM: Well, no. You said you need to go. I understand.

ME: Let me give ya a little tip. Women always want to feel wanted. Even if she has to go, you gotta make her feel like you don't want her to.

HIM: Oh.. ok. Well, don't go!!!!!

Ha ha. Anyway that explains how guys see things and how girls see things. IMO anyway.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

himself -_-
    (
    He's probably had the same experiences as I have. The minute you criticise a woman it's our fault. We're being unreasonable. We're being unfair. We don't understand. We're wrong. That's why we clam up until we can keep silent no longer. Then we explode like a volcano.
    Women on the other hand think it's perfectly OK to criticise their men and expect us to take it.

Pisces25

Women always want to feel wanted. Even if she has to go, you gotta make her feel like you don't want her to.
    Interesting. I'm curious to know more about this. Of course I understand that both men and women want to feel 'wanted', but how far should a guy go with a woman? If he pleads you to stay each time you leave then that is going to sound quite desperate and needy. Where do you draw the line?

Quote Originally Posted by Linerider View Post
    Interesting. I'm curious to know more about this. Of course I understand that both men and women want to feel 'wanted', but how far should a guy go with a woman? If he pleads you to stay each time you leave then that is going to sound quite desperate and needy. Where do you draw the line?
    Agreed! I totally understand the complaints coming from the guys. They are expected to be mind readers and know how to react when needed. If you show them too much attention, you are needy, if you don't say anything you are being cold and they feel unwanted.....there is no winning. I think women's complaints are futile and should spend more time on other things. As you get older you realize this and life becomes so much easier.

Exactly. That is why I am saying the women are complicated (some, obviously everything can be generalised). There is often no rational reason for what they say/do, it's largely driven by emotions.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Women aren't complicated, nor are they difficult to understand.

They're just crazy.

Us guys can sit for hours thinking about absolutely NOTHING....drives women crazy understanding how thats possible

Women just need to understand how simple men are. All they need is food, sex, a place to sleep and somewhere they can take a crap in peace lol.