+ Follow This Topic

Thread: was he trying to control me?... would this have turned into abuse?

Livelaughlove17 Guest

was he trying to control me?... would this have turned into abuse?

I dated this guy for 2 months. We broke up because he's shipping out here in about 2 months. I've heard from a few of his exs that he hits girls, cheats, and treats girls like crap... Although I never experienced any of those things from him. He almost seemed obsessed for a while; he would follow me home, to "make sure i got there safely", say things like "you complete me" and he acted like we were getting married and stuff. he was hit and abused by his father all his childhood; his father was an alcoholic. i guess the reason why i have doubts that this wouldve turned abusive is because he seemed sooo protective over me; he treated me like a queen..always saying i meant so much to him, i was the best things thats ever happened to him, etc. when we broke up, he just said i was great and he had feelings but he needed to ship out single. is this a sign that he knew he couldnt control me while overseas so that make him nervous? He pretty much made me quit smoking. We never even had sex; he never pushed me to do anything. he was still very possessive and over protective at times. Why was he like this, and would it have turned into something worse? should i be glad he broke up with me?

Yes it would have turned into something worse, and yes you are damn lucky he did break up with you....funny how these details are left out. Stop obsessing over this yourself......and stop multi posting all over the place, it's poor forum conduct!