Hey, guys and gals, I'm 28 and I have never been in a romantic relationship. I have dated women before and had like two/three women who I regularly have sex with at different period of my life, and for each of them I tried to start a relationship with, but was rejected. (Of course, I am thankful for the sexual experience and pleasure that I received while I was with them, not taking anything away...)

So last night, I approached this one lady at a coffee shop whom I have seen twice and made eye contacts, got her number... But then I guess I have made a mistake by texting her that same night and asked what she got plan on doing this weekend. She basically just stopped texting me right after that... When I asked my friends, they said I should have waited a bit to not appear desperate.

And that is the problem... I'm a (recently appointed) professor and I spent all my life learning academic stuff, I was in the military and I learned about how combat and discipline, but I have never really learn about dating... No classes had prepared me for this and almost all of the women I dated before approached me first... I just have so little experience. Like with the women I approached last night, may be things would have worked out for us, but I believe I screwed it up by rushing things thanks to my lack of experience in dating.

So am I behind this game here? Most of my friends are either married or in serious relationship, and I'm just sick and tired of being the only one single and alone, when I am the one who desire to get married and start a family myself. Will women give inexperience men chances? Thanks.