+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I know if my boyfriend is losing interest in me?

How do I know if my boyfriend is losing interest in me?

Hi guys, I wanna know the signs or clues of a typical guy who starts to lose interest in his girlfriend. Recently I feel like my boyfriend hasn't been paying the relationship much attention, he doesn't tell me about his day as often as last time. I feel like I'm the conversion starter, I have to ask how was his day. I don't want to be the girlfriend who demands to know where he is, I don't want him to forever report to me about his whereabouts. But he wants me to let him know where I'm going and what I'm doing, and I tell him without hesitation. But I feel that he doesn't take the initiative to let me know about him.

When my school semester ended, I told him my classmates are holding a gathering after school and I am gonna celebrate the end of school with them. But my boyfriend got upset and asked if I could spend the time with him instead of going with my classmates. I was a bit hesitant, because I've already sacrificed several outings with my classmates. However, I went with my boyfriend in the end. I spend time with him whenever I can, but when I ask him if he wanted to go out, he doesn't seem that enthusiastic.

Hm... difficult to say, if he insists on spending time with you, at the cost of your social life, I'd say he is interested.

How is intimacy and sex between the two of you?

Why doesn't he just go with you to these events and actually be a part of your life? If never wants to go, then I feel you are sacrificing too much for this relationship. I have to also point out he is controlling you. He needs to know your every move, and when it come to you going out on your own to a party or event where could be guys there, all of a sudden he needs to be with you.....darling there is some manipulation going on here.

The sexual life between my boyfriend and I is okay. But sometimes I feel like the focus is just on him. I need to satisfy him and make sure his needs are met with, but I feel that my needs aren't met with. Once he is satisfied, it is over. What I mean is once he reaches his peak, then it is over. The sex is over. Even if I'm not getting enough yet, it is over. I don't want to be demanding and force him to carry on, and I know that it's a guy thing to feel tired and he can't help it too. But its just that sometimes if the focus was on me, it'll be nice, you know.

How about talking to him about it..... You both can't read minds, communication is the only way to solve this.

He probably thinks everything is just fine because you are still with him.

Quote Originally Posted by twentyfive View Post
    The sexual life between my boyfriend and I is okay. But sometimes I feel like the focus is just on him. I need to satisfy him and make sure his needs are met with, but I feel that my needs aren't met with. Once he is satisfied, it is over. What I mean is once he reaches his peak, then it is over. The sex is over. Even if I'm not getting enough yet, it is over. I don't want to be demanding and force him to carry on, and I know that it's a guy thing to feel tired and he can't help it too. But its just that sometimes if the focus was on me, it'll be nice, you know.
    1. Have you told him all that?

2. If you have and he hasn't tried to do better, I say he isn't all that into you.

3. If you haven't, you should, IMO.

4. Maybe give him the gift of missing you from time to time?

this started happening with my boyf just before we broke up. he is probably insecure, hence wanting to know where you are etc, but he doesn't want to be needy and wants his own space so doesn't come on too strong. its confusing and i only really understood it when it was too late, so i strongly advise talking to your boyfriend about it all. good luck!
    Holding on to anger and hate is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.

I see that he is very controllin! I would either talk to him about things and see where that gets you or walk away. I spent 7 years in a relationship with a very controlling , mentally abusive man! It is hard to leave when you in for so long! Talk with him and find out why he does the things he does, why he wants to have you all to himself, thats not a healty relationship to be in.

You two are keeping a scorecard whether you know it or not. Relationships never last when there is a scorecard. You need to do something to spice things up, maybe a weekend trip for just the two of you, then reevaluate the relationship. You may just not be right for each other, which happens.

Jaime
    I found the love of my life after gaining confidence and discovering how to become a guy magnet here: www.TheDatingAdvisor.net