+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help! Complicated Breakup!

Help! Complicated Breakup!

Help, I’m so confused!
    I am a 26 year old male and my ex girlfriend is 24, and has more relationship experience than me. A few days ago, after dating for six months, she came to break up with me and said that we weren't working out, and that we were too different. I respected her wishes, and i hugged her and we left amicably. Of course, I was miserableand very sad and emotional for the next few days.

3 days later, she calls me and tells me that she misses me and that she made a mistake, so I oblige her in letting her come talk with me. She said that she made a mistake and that we could resolve our relationship issues bybeing more open and communicative, which is true. She said she would be willing to work on her issues. At this point, however, I had to be open with some of my feelings about her behavior and the things in the past that disappointed me and that I thought she mistreated me in the past. I tried to be delicate and tell her that I still liked her, and she also agreed with some of my concerns. She got a bit offput by the situation, and left. I was in a state of confusion and said that I would call her soon because I needed to digest.

The following day, I hadn't called her because I was so upset, so she sent me a message saying that she felt like she had been dropped. I call her immediately and tell her that I'm very emotional and that I need some time to think and that we should both relax and think a bit. She then yells at me for berating her the previous day about all of the issues I had, and got upset that I hadn't called her back. I said we should take things slow and to perhaps get lunch the coming weekend, but she didn't like the idea. I asked to end things on a good note, and she said "too bad".

I'm very confused and I don't know what to do. I do think I haven't been very open or communicative with her in the relationship and what issues I have with how she was treating me, and she certainly said that she would be willing to work on her issues, but I am still very hurt and I’m confused from being broken up with. I feel bad that I had to bring up a laundry list of issues I had with her in the relationship, and that I came off unappreciative of her, but I also feel like it wouldnt be honest or fair to her if I withheld my concerns. For me, I felt like it was an important time to be completely open with her. I guess perhaps she needed my help and was really ready to make changes, but I was so cloudy and confused to be there for her.

I haven’t heard from her for the past few days.
    Last edited by joopjoop90; 25-04-12 at 04:33 AM.