+ Follow This Topic

Thread: long distance relationships

long distance relationships

Just wanted to know what everyones opinions on LDR's were. If you had one, did it work out, did it not work out? If it did, how did you keep it going? I might be moving, and even though I don't want to leave my bf, I know that its for the better. I'm not going anywhere with my life living here. We were talking about what would happen if I moved and he told me if I move he most likely wont be staying with me. So I guess if we're meant to be we'll find a way back to each other. I just feel like not only am I holding myself back, but I'm also holding him back as well.

Quote Originally Posted by shananigans1229 View Post
    Just wanted to know what everyones opinions on LDR's were.
    Not worth it unless there is a specific(temporary) reason or a definite plan to live together in the future. Definite meaning something along the lines of, "When I graduate, I'm moving there too." not "I'm want to move there next year sometime."

If you feel like you're being held back, then let go and start over in the new place you've decided on. Feeling trapped is one of the worst feelings in the world.

They can work, but they are incredibly difficult. It is not easy to date someone that is not near you. It causes one or the other to make a huge change in their life if they want to be together.

Jaime
    I found the love of my life after gaining confidence and discovering how to become a guy magnet here: www.TheDatingAdvisor.net

Long distance relationship is hard and yes it can work, ( I know some of my friends was in long distance relationship, but they end up getting married or engaged in the end, so Yes, long distance relationship can work) but you both need to put so much effort in the relationship to able to make the relationship work or most likely it will drift it away and end up ending the relationship. You both need to trust each other, understand each other and have good communication.

If you don't have long term goals of you two being living together or living in the same area in the future then most likely the relationship isn't going anywhere so it is better to break up with your partner and find someone in the new area. If you two have long term goals and think that you two have future together then it is ok to stay together and having a long distance relationship would worth it.