+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused

Confused

So there is this guy in one of my courses that I have been taking and I have just been really confused by him. He would always ask me if I needed
    help with anything, want me to sit beside him ask me if he liked his suits ect. And at the time I did not know what to think of it. He calmed down for a little while and did not pay as much attention to me. But now he has started to do the same things like always stop me when he see's me to start conversations, make sure that he says hi when I walk into a room, he even started to look at me with this blank deer in head lights stare. So I sent him a good luck email the other day and all he said back was "thanks Jen!". Then when I saw him the day after he was really nice and asked how I was doing and everything; but I am confused on what to do next. Does he like me of is he just trying to be friendly? Or am I sending out the wrong signals to him??

Ask him out...this isn't the 1950's where girls wait around for a guy to ask them out. Sometimes you have to take matter into you own hands....ask him if he would like to have coffee with you and maybe discuss some of the lessons taugh in your course. He will probably like that.

I certainly wouldn't pay a girl that much attention if I didn't think she was cute, and was interested in her. On the other hand, I probably would've asked you to do something by now. Could he be gay? What kind of suits are we talking about?
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Quote Originally Posted by haxan View Post
    I certainly wouldn't pay a girl that much attention if I didn't think she was cute, and was interested in her. On the other hand, I probably would've asked you to do something by now. Could he be gay? What kind of suits are we talking about?
    hahaha no im very sure he is not gay. Business suits for his job, he just has a great sense of style.

Perhaps he love you, so he CARES about you.

all right

When you ask a guy out, and he's fine with it, THAT'S how you find out if he's confident. And confident, nice guys are generally a better bet in the relationship department.

A guy can be confident, but not sure about how you were reacting to his attention. You didn't indicate in your post that you gave him any positive flirts back or anything. So he's probably unsure how to proceed with you.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    When you ask a guy out, and he's fine with it, THAT'S how you find out if he's confident. And confident, nice guys are generally a better bet in the relationship department.

A guy can be confident, but not sure about how you were reacting to his attention. You didn't indicate in your post that you gave him any positive flirts back or anything. So he's probably unsure how to proceed with you.
    I feel that you are prob right I will have to make it more obvious that I like him. But what could I do to let him know that it is ok to make another move without asking him out(I feel that in case I am misreading his signs then this will just scare him off)

Perhaps it is because he loves you, so care about you.

thanks a lot

Yes, I quite agree to your point of view.

Ask him to do something that's carefree, but something that he'd only do if there's an interest in you personally. Next time you're around him and there's chat time, tell him you're dying for a (insert type of coffee or tea here), and ask him if he wants to join you at (insert coffee shop here) and continue the conversation there.

If he does, he's interested, if he doesn't, he's not. If not, it's not a big embarrassment on your part, like turning down a date. You'll know your answer and can write him off.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Thanks for your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairelly1 View Post
    Thanks for your post.