+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I Just need to talk to someone...Anyone.

I Just need to talk to someone...Anyone.

This guy I know has been fliriting with me for the longest time. At first I ignored these advances because of shyness but after a while.. I really, really feel in love with him. I mean LOVE! Sadly, he started to ignore me, I asked him if he was sick one day, and if everything was all right and he just ignored me, now after I've tried so hard to be his friend I find out he has a girlfriend!! I'm not sure for how long! but how?? How can someone be so cruel? So cold? Right now I feel dead, embarrassed and even more depressed. It feels as if my heart as been ripped out. I had a horrid father so I never really did trust guys bit I thought...I thought he was different... I've never had a boyfriend but, I loved him you know? Now, I feel lost.I just need to talk to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by LostAtLove View Post
    How can someone be so cruel? So cold?
    This is a question you need to ask yourself. You were the one who ignored him when he showed interest.

I know that I was wrong for ignoring but, I was shy. I just didn't want to get hurt when in fact I ended up getting hurt in the end anyway.

Did he already have a girlfriend when he flirted with you? If yes, then consider yourself lucky to have avoided such a guy.

I have no sympathy for people who whine about being scared of getting hurt. Everyone is scared of getting hurt, and as you can see, there are times where you're going to get hurt whether you try to protect yourself or not. There's no avoiding it. Grow a spine and don't let fear stop you from doing what you want to do.

I'm not sure if he was with her while he was flirting with me, if so, maybe I am lucky to have avoided him. I know I shouldn't have been afraid. I guess I missed my chance. Towards the end though I really did try to be his friend dispite my fears. I even ended up giving him candy and saying hi/ goodmorning 3 times. I guess it just wasn't good enough, or maybe it was too late? I'm not sure what to do now. Should I move on? It will be so hard though.

You definitely should move on. It will be hard at first, but it will get better eventually, and you'll come out of this experience stronger and wiser.

Thank You all for the advice. Searock-- Yes I will try my best to forget. And this has been an experience for me, hopefully me and him can both learn from our mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by LostAtLove View Post
    Should I move on?
    You don't have any choice do you.