+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Really Embarrising First Date!

Really Embarrising First Date!

Ok so me and this guy had been texting for a few weeks he works really long hours etc and lives about an hour away from me so finally we organized to meet up on the weekend to go out for tea... first off... we both turned up at the wrong places ha ha somehow got them mixed up... had a good tea overall and conversation was alright... he seemed a little nervous but was pretty good... he offered to pay at the end but I was like no no don't worry and went to pay but then my card was declined! I was so embarrassed! Turns out I was only a few dollars short so he ended up paying anyway... I'm a uni student and only work here and there hence why I didn't have a heap in my bank account... Anyways was very embarrassing... He was nice about it though... And we have texted a bit since...

Guys what would you think of a girl after going on a date like that?

You have texted since then so what's the problem. He's obviously still interested. YOu are worrying about nothing.

Yea, doesn't sound all that embarrassing to me. Don't worry about it, everything seems fine.

Good to hear thanks for your replies! So you dont think me not being able to pay for my tea in front of him wouldnt have made him think bad of me?? I checked my account the next day and I was only like 4 bucks short!

what kind of tea you drinking that costs more than 4 bucks ??

We went out for tea and had a a few drinks. Drinks are about 10 and tea was about 20. Im a university student and dont work much at the moment o just kind of live week to week.

If you were a guy, it'd be a different story

I'm a woman~but, here is the deal HE was the one who should've paid anyways. It was a first date, you are the lady. And as far as embarrassment hell yeah that takes the cake but, I'm sure he was happy you offered and understood also was probably glad it wasn't him
    Our goal is to give you back the confidence of having the upper hand and having the upper hand is NEVER a bad thing.....
    Visit our Website www.spellbindingsisters.com

I wouldn't worry. Some of the longest relationship have good first date / first meeting story. :-)
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Thanks for all the replies guys! Well we are still texting and he texted me again this morning so cant be too bad haha I dont know when Ill see him next but were both busy so understandable. Ill have to offer him a few drinks next time haha

Love is too wonderful,hope you like this couple rings
    [url=http://www.oksell.org][/url]