+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need some serious advice / help please!!!

Need some serious advice / help please!!!

Hello,

I am writing for some advice on a relationship situation. I am not sure what action if any I should take on this matter. I was dating/engaged to a woman for 2 ˝ years. We were in the process of getting a home together and preparing for marriage. This relationship seemed perfect to me. We got along great, good chemistry, family support, and friend support. I was honestly a happy guy and thought I found the one. The beginning of January this year she comes home crying saying she needs a “break” out of the clear blue no warning or fighting etc. I was totally shocked and did not know what to think and our parents and friends were totally shocked. Nobody could get a reason or answer on why this happened out of the clear blue. During the week of this break I caught her out with another guy from her work late eating at a local restaurant and found out she was text messaging this guy very heavily to days prior to us taking a “break”. The day I caught them together (I did not go in or make a scene just texted het to let her know I knew) my relationship status on Facebook was changed to single and she did not contact me to tell me in person or on the phone. Only message I got was to pick up her stuff and that she was in love with me but did not think she loved me anymore. She would not admit to leaving me for this other guy. Within a week she and this guy go out on a date and he dumped her since then she has been bouncing from guy to guy and has made no attempt to contact me. What is the issue/deal? I just cannot wrap my head around it. I am totally devastated it has been almost 4 months and I am not over it yet I have had no contact with her or attempted to contact her since this has happened. I love her to death and was happy with what I thought we had. I figured since she was the one that broke it she would need to fix it. Should I contact her? Let it go? What should I do I need advice. This all started it seems when she got a new job and was around a bunch more guys. She seemed so happy and it was like a light switch. Nobody had any prior knowledge. I am just lost seems like she is oh so happy with her new life just don’t see how a person can be like this and I am the one suffering. I am 26 she is almost 21 6 years age difference.

I had a very similar situation 3 years but went cold on me for a good year .Wv split 4 mnths too & no contact either! its tough my friend but she's obviously not interested , dust yaself down & move on , i know its hard but try & put her out of your head & keep busy , time heals & enjoy meeting other girls again , good luck & don't contact her ok!

Maybe you don't appropriate. Six years of age gap, I feel is not very suitable.

These days, 21 is too young for marriage. She needs more time to finish growing up, and you need to move on with your life. You didn't do anything wrong, but it will be a mistake if you wait for her to come back.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Yeah, I think it's the age difference to be honest. Not that six years difference is a big deal, but at 21 she might be thinking it's too soon to settle down. Maybe she panicked a little bit. You need to find someone who wants the same things as you. You'll get over her eventually, sometimes it takes a while but it will happen.

I actually feel, this already very perfect.

Am probably not the best person to give advice but things between you are defo over. It's hard to accept but think positive and try and move on. You'll be ok in the long run, things just take time.