+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I being insecure?

Am I being insecure?

I don't do much in the way of PDA like kissing, holding hands or even hugging in public. I do like to hold onto his arm while we walk, or lay my head on his shoulder on the bus ride home, and I do find it nice to be recognized as a couple. I used to surprise him at work by bringing him snacks during his break and leaving notes on his car. But he says it's not his style so I have pretty much stopped doing those little things. He doesn't introduce me as his girlfriend, sometimes he doesn't introduce me at all. When people asked who his gf is, he said his job is his gf. The other day, I changed my relationship status on fb to "in a relationship w/ bf" but he hasn't confirmed it. I don't use fb religiously or anything but I thought that since we've been together for a year, it's about time I changed it. We talked about it and he said it's not his style. He has told me though that he sees other girls run up to their boyfriends to catch up with them when they walk, or he notices that they do little things to show that they are interested in their bf, and he wishes I would do that more. I just feel bad because when I did do those things he told me it's not his style, and I would get embarrassed when he pulled or stepped away from me. Sometimes I feel like he's embarrassed of me or something even though he says he's not. Am I just being insecure?

Why would he let other girls know there's something serious between you two? I think he enjoys the prospect of other opportunities too much.

hmmm.. well what should I do in this case..

Sounds like a real prize personality wise. I hope he's great looking or something.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

He is not ready for a relationship. At least not to the same level that you are. If he is comfortable with the situation, he is not likely to change. If this is making you feel insecure, this may not be a healthy relationship for you. Good luck.