+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should we still be friends?

Should we still be friends?

My ex-boyfriend/first love broke my heart twice already... I didn't think this would happen but it did
    and I know there's nothing more I can do about it. However, there's something I'm stuck on--and that's whether him and I should still be friends or not. The thing is, I fell for him really hard the first time we dated, and I noticed that everytime I would be around him I would always fall for him. This would happen over and over again, and it would only lead to heartbreak for myself. So therefore, being friends wouldn't be a good idea, right? If you were in my shoes, how would you deal with this?

Whether ultimately friends or not, the main thing at the moment is to have a break from each other. You're right, being friends right now is probably not a good idea. I've heard different ideas of how long of a break you should have befobecome summing a friendship. One of the rules I remember was to have at least 1 month break for every year that ou were together... For me with my last boyfriend it took longer than this. The main thing is to have completely moved on before even consider being friends. Then if you want to start being friends that ok.... Just take it a bit slowly at first and look after yourself.