+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Best course of action?

Best course of action?

All right. So I started talking more with this girl who I've known for a while around this past Christmas. As time went on, we got closer and we both got the vibe that we were into eachother, so we acted on it. We spent some time together and everything seemed to be progressing as if we were becoming a couple...then it all stopped. The last two times we saw each other as two people who knew there was a mutual attraction, I may have screwed up royally. Either that or she simply lost interest before the fact. Or for other reasons.

We were hanging out and she had her friends over. I had just met all of these people, so I felt like I was in somewhat of an awkward spot. Since the whole thing with me and her was kinda fresh, I wasn't sure how she wanted me to act towards her in a social setting. Usually I'd be pretty affectionate with her but I didn't want to look like I was groping her in front of her friends. Plus I didn't even kiss her goodnight like I usually would. Instead I just hugged her. The second night this happened I could see that she went in to kiss me, but by the time her face would've been anywhere near mine I was walking away. I got in my car and felt like a dick.

I'm worried that by coming off as so passive that she got the impression I wasn't interested in her anymore. She became distant, wouldn't make plans to hang out, and would even blow me off completely if we had. So I decided it would be best to leave her alone and just wait to hear from her.

To make a long story short, we're still friends like we were before and see each other and talk fairly often. The thing is, sometimes she flirts with me constantly...but I feel like I can't take her seriously anymore. I know she's done stuff with other guys during the months since this all started, so why would she be flirtatious with me if she wasn't legitimately interested yet get involved with other dudes at the same time? She seemed genuine before. Now she just seems like a tease. So I don't reciprocate any of her signals and I don't even talk to her about it.

But now I feel as if I have to say something or it'll just be weird forever. I don't plan on saying much other than something along the lines of "Hey, remember what was going on with the two of us this past winter...what was that all about?" and see where the conversation leads.

I'm at a loss as to what would be my best move here. I don't expect much of an outcome from this, much less to "get the girl," but it's been nearly 5 months and this has never been brought up verbally between the two of us. Not even remotely.

Don't bring it up verbally. Just get physical with her again. I'm not sure how far you've gotten with her so far, but if she doesn't want a physical relationship with you then you'll have your answer and you can drop her.

it is amazing!