+ Follow This Topic

Thread: hi people,

hi people,

Hi people, I know im a first poster.

But im absolutely desperate for support.

I am with my girlfriend who is 21, And i am 24 years old. I am working and she is studying/working.

to start this short, 6 years ago we met online, And 2 months into the "internet relationship" i left her for my ex girlfriend even that i never met her, And she has never gottten over it.

We argue alot over ridiculous things, And when we argue she screams at me. I dont want to argue so i lately have learned to lower my voice and let her argue and just say "I dont want to argue".

But latly the police were called because everything me and her get into a arguement she calls her mother and
    says that i am a bad person, i dont understand. And they live in london and we live in Colchester so they call the police.

Basically.. She is a turkish muslim and im atheist and my friend that i have known since i was 5 years old called her a slightly racist thing (to my sister) who told her. And he didnt mean it, I know he didnt mean it its just his sense of humor. He apologised for this and she couldnt acept it and told me not to be friends with him anymore to show my love for her. And i did.. I stopped being friends with him even though i miss him all the time because he was like a brother to me.

And now i got to the point were, She doesnt like me playing a game online, She doesnt like me watching films even accidently a bit of naked woman came on the screen (like american pie). She is always jealous and she doesnt like me even working day shifts were there are girls.

I want to stay with her, But i want things to stop. And when i talk to her like. i want her to acept i want my friend back even when he apologised loads. She screams at me, Slams the doors, and annoys the neighbhours above.

What do i do? Im stuck and im so alone. I love my girlfriend with all my heart. But i feel controlled.

P.s My name is Dan hello

Why don't you try to find someone more compatible with you? You sound very different from her and just because you've known each other for awhile doesn't mean you are meant to be together.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

The theological difference is major, and according to the Qur'an, a dealbreaker for her. Unless you convert to Islam, she can't marry you, and marriage is a big thing in Islam. The arguments seem to indicate that you two don't have much in common and would probably do better with other people. I had a crush on an Iranian Muslim woman when I was 25 and she was 21, and I learned the hard way that it wouldn't work. Last I heard, she was happily married to an Iranian-American doctor who is also a Muslim.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

hi guys, To me the muslim thing doesnt bother me. like she was born in england like me, Her family are turkish, none of them are strict muslims as far as im aware. And to me marriage isnt a big deal. And i would never convert. But i just want to be loved. im sorry guys i thought me posting this might of given me some light to what to do. but now i feel im makeing a bum of myself. I really do feel i love her. I cant even tell if im ever more happy or sad anymore. And im scared to leave her (we live together) When i do she jumps infront of the door and doesnt let me go. And crys and screams.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasshu View Post
    hi guys, To me the muslim thing doesnt bother me. like she was born in england like me, Her family are turkish, none of them are strict muslims as far as im aware. And to me marriage isnt a big deal. And i would never convert. But i just want to be loved. im sorry guys i thought me posting this might of given me some light to what to do. but now i feel im makeing a bum of myself. I really do feel i love her. I cant even tell if im ever more happy or sad anymore. And im scared to leave her (we live together) When i do she jumps infront of the door and doesnt let me go. And crys and screams.
    Yeah most Turkish people are not that into their religion. I think she's just one of those controlling women you ended up with.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings