+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Still living together, hasn't spoken to me in 10days!?!?

Still living together, hasn't spoken to me in 10days!?!?

We agreed to go on break about a month ago, things were fine a couple of small arguements but we were both working to keep the friendship strong. 10days ago we went to a party together and she got really jealous and then upset about me and another girl. I aplogoised that I didn't realise I was making her feel that way and I didn't mean to upset her, I assured her there was nothing to be jealous of. She didn't want to talk to me so I left her to cool down for a cuple of days, tried again to apologise, again I just upset her. I left her a note telling her how I felt about her, she didn't notice it till like a few days later, possibly once she was already past the worst of the pain she said she was feeling...

Today was the first time she has came from the bedroom into the living room and stayed while I was there. I got the impression she still didn't want to talk... but when I ask her if I can turn the heating off and she completly blanks me I see how bad it really is...

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks,
    lbnine

Yeah, dont worry about it. If its too hot just put the heating off. Its not a big deal.

Going on a break when you still live together is silly. Communication is the lifeblood of a relationship. This isn't working out for you two. Just end it and move on.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Sounds like there are severe communication issues. The silent treatment should never be used by anybody in a relationship; it's torture--and in my humble opinion, it's used to manipulate and control. It also sounds like you're making more of an effort to communicate than she is. Also, nobody is ever incapacitated by emotional pain to the point that they can't say anything. Especially not for ten days. Unless she was abducted by zoo animals and repeatedly beaten and violated.

I'll bet she was the one that initiated the break too??

Anyway, just tell her that she knows how you feel, so if she doesn't want you to be with other women, she should speak up. Otherwise, you should be hooking up with other girls, and not hiding it.

I agree with Vincenzo. The relationship is over. You can't continue living in the same space as it just won't work. Move on.

Is it worth one more push to make her listen? 'Cause after that we might not see eachother again. We wont return to University for a whole year.

NO. It is not worth one more push.

I also agree to VincenzoG91 point of view, you really can't live together.