+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is dating...Creepy? Traditions To The Trash?

Is dating...Creepy? Traditions To The Trash?

Hey ladies and gentlemen,

I am a 21 year old man in college, I have only had one girlfriend so I am no ladies man. I would describe myself as a very traditional and classy person when it comes to dating and relationships. Let me also state that I am no Brad Pitt but I am certainly no Mr. Bean. I feel there are a decent chunk of girls who are attracted to me, however I cannot get a date/relationship to save my life. Girls just don't seem to respond well to being asked out, some are completely caught off guard, and on certain occasions I feel some of them are almost creeped out. I feel like the normal way to start a relationship today is hang out, get drunk one night and have sex, then MAYBE a relationship will form from that. Is dating dead?

I guess I have this fantasy of getting to know a girl, going on a few dates together, and having a relationship form from that. I am not really a one-night stand type of guy and quite honestly I get really nervous and anxious in those situations. Sometimes I honestly just feel like a gay guy, because I don't fit the stereotype of a man who just wants to get laid as much as possible with whomever. Should I just throw my ideals into the trash and accept the fact that my generation isn't into the traditional way of starting relationships?

I would prefer to hear from young ladies to get intel directly from the source haha, but all input is appreciated. Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherSucker View Post
    Sometimes I honestly just feel like a gay guy, because I don't fit the stereotype of a man who just wants to get laid as much as possible with whomever.
    There's your problem. Why not? Youre a man and we want to get laid. Im not talking smothering a girl but if you concentrated on dating several girls with the hopes of sleeping with some of them, then a relationship will come....be patient. Right now you sound like a really sweet and nice guy.....most girls find your type boring, predictable and, quite frankly, selfish.

I feel like the normal way to start a relationship today is hang out, get drunk one night and have sex, then MAYBE a relationship will form from that. Is dating dead?
    Ummmm.....OK....what other way would you think a relationship starts?

I guess I have this fantasy of getting to know a girl, going on a few dates together, and having a relationship form from that
    Ahh...how sweet! Dude...you sound like a 14 yr old girl.

I would describe myself as a very traditional and classy person when it comes to dating and relationships
    Should I just throw my ideals into the trash and accept the fact that my generation isn't into the traditional way of starting relationships?
    Gag me with a fork.....are you into Perry Como too ?

Im in my 40s with kids and I hate seeing guys your age who seem to just want to settle down. Save that crap for your 30s (which BTW is your prime).

Personally I think women sense the desperation in you. Your user name says it loud and clear too
    Last edited by surfhb; 10-05-12 at 04:40 PM.

I'm a girl and I also think that drunken one-night stands are not the best way to start a relationship. OP, I think you shouldn't focus on asking girls out and finding a girl at all costs, instead just make friends and when the right girl comes by, you'll know. In other words, stop trying too hard and it will get naturally better (unless you are really ugly, but as you say there are girls who find you attractive so that's not the case).