+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hello! some advice would be great.

Hello! some advice would be great.

Hello!

I really don't know how to put this down so I'm going to dive right into it.

About 1 year ago I met a girl, she was a friend of a friend so we had the odd chat but nothing serious. Recently we arranged to meet up as we were going to the same event. That turned into what would be seen on paper as a double date type situation. It was me and two other friends (Who were in a relationship) and after said event we all went out for a meal. Now at the time it felt a little strange but I never really gave it any thought.
    Then one of my friends said that me and my 'friend' had a great chemistry between us and what was going on between us. I said that nothing was going on (I genuinely didn't think anything would be happening).

So we went out last Saturday but on the run up to going out we were texting constantly (for hours on end), we had a little to drink and we hooked up (Not in a we had sex type of hook up but more making out etc). Now during the night she said 'long time coming' (from first said event to this was about 2/3 months), I agreed with her.

So anyway, now we have resorted back to the way we were before Saturday and tonight we have been speaking (As 'friends') and she mentioned that she needed to go to bed as she didn't realise the time. I reminded her that we had been speaking for around 5hours (This is a nightly thing) and she mentioned that it had flown by.

Now I get the feeling that she is now waiting for me to ask her to go on a date, which would be fantastic! but at the same time I'm a little terrified that things could go pear shaped if it's not what she wants. I don't want to potentially ruin a great friendship by misreading the signals. Now I know it is generally frowned upon to ask someone out via text but she already mentioned that she hated talking on the phone and I doubt I'll get to see her without texting to actually ask her out (She doesn't really speak to the friends that introduced us). Quite a few people have said that we would really suit each other.

So thanks! It's also nice to get that off my chest, don't know why.

So I'm basically asking for advice on how I should approach this. Anything will be greatly appreciated and if you need anymore info then just ask.

Just ask her to dinner. She'll say yes.

You're already friends so whether or not she romantically interested makes no difference. But she clearly is....so what's the issue? Ask her on a date already

True I guess.

Now I need to pluck up the courage to actually ask her on a 'date'.

Just ask if she wants to get dinner, you don't have to say, "Do you want to go on a date with me?"

Show her its a date by kissing her at the end.

Why would you need "courage" when she's already shown you in actions that she's interested. If you wait any longer she's going to think you're not interested and then you'll lose the momentum you've got going that's pushing you both towwards SOMETHING. It's too early to figure out what the final destination is so quit trying to read the future.

Dinner isn't really us. We're going for Laser Quest instead.

Oh and thanks.

Honestly...that is a million times better than dinner. Should be a lot less pressure, and a lot more fun. Good job, and good luck.

I think, or to dinner.