+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Text about me accidentally sent to me instead of her friend, should I forget her?

Text about me accidentally sent to me instead of her friend, should I forget her?

Hey girls (and guys)

I have been seeing this girl for the past few weeks (but haven't slept together yet).
    Last night we went out and had a great night, made out a lot and all that stuff. Then this morning I got a text from her that was obviously meant for for one of her friends saying 'hey honey bunny, I know you never would but please don't tell anyone about Greg.' (obviously Greg is my name).

So I sent back a text saying 'um was that last text for me?

She replied basically saying oops, no it was meant for Imogen (her close friend), and that they were just gossiping about our relationship.

I then ignored this message, and she called me a few hours later to ask what I was up to tonight, and I said I was busy but might be able to see her laTer. Then on my way home from the city tonight I texted her telling her I was going to bed and that I'd talk to her soon.

Anyways, I'm wondering, what should I do here? Should I just talk to her about it? Or forget her and move on? It just seems like she's ashamed of me or something. I can't figure it out. I feel like me being cold towards her after that text I got would definitely hav showed to her that I was upset by it. So maybe if I give her some space she will realize that I won't accept these games, and hopefully she likes me enough to not want to lose me and thus will appologise to me or at least bring it up in conversation.

Thoughts on this? I do really like this girl and hope it doesn't have to end this way. Thanks

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I wouldn't judge her based on this text message. If she is warm to you when you are out, THAT is what I'd pay attention to. There are a lot of reasons people like privacy at the beginning of a relationship, the most obvious being not wanting to explain to the world why things didn't work out.

(And yes, I would expect that she will offer some explanation about her request to her friend, but if she doesn't, just good-naturedly ask her if you are a secret.)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

You at that time is also forget you her actually can fight for fighting for