+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He wants to still see me but he still has feelings for her.

He wants to still see me but he still has feelings for her.

Hi guys. Well I've been seeing this guy but we started out just as friends with benefits because he had a girlfriend. They broke up and we started to date for a little bit and then he told me that he just wanted to stay friends with benefits until he can be ready for a committed relationship. Yesterday he told me that he still has feelings for his ex but he still wants to see me. What do I do? I saw him today but I didn't want to kiss him, hold his hand or anything. I feel like he is thinking of her when he is with me. Is he? Is this feeling he is having for her still there because they just broke up recently? He tells me they are just friends and he is closer to me than to her. He gave me kisses on the cheeks and forehead when I turned away when he asked me to kiss him today. I just need help...

-Jeannie

Thanks for your post.

Jeannie, he is with you for sex, and its clear that is all he wants. The problem with FWB situations is someone eventually has feelings and it all goes to hell quick.

Plus, would you want to date a guy who was cheating on his previous girlfriend with you? He'll just cheat on you too!
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

KJA is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Surely it's obvious what he wants? So the rest should be up to you. If you're looking for something casual, and feel that you'd be emotionally safe in a FWB situation.

If you're looking for something more long term, maybe you should either give up now, or tell him that you'd wait for him to be able to show he was over his ex.

Personally, I'd say get out of there before you hurt yourself in a doomed relationship. You'll feel awkward around him, and he won't feel as close to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Thijeannie View Post
    Hi guys. Well I've been seeing this guy but we started out just as friends with benefits because he had a girlfriend. They broke up and we started to date for a little bit and then he told me that he just wanted to stay friends with benefits until he can be ready for a committed relationship. Yesterday he told me that he still has feelings for his ex but he still wants to see me. What do I do? I saw him today but I didn't want to kiss him, hold his hand or anything. I feel like he is thinking of her when he is with me. Is he? Is this feeling he is having for her still there because they just broke up recently? He tells me they are just friends and he is closer to me than to her. He gave me kisses on the cheeks and forehead when I turned away when he asked me to kiss him today. I just need help...

-Jeannie
    hahaha you dump him. or you continue to be his booty call, it's your choice, really, but you are not going to have a relationship with him. she is using you for sex (friends with benefits).

you need to make up your mind what is it you really want.

it is amazing!