+ Follow This Topic

Thread: New: Need advice afraid of what is happening.

New: Need advice afraid of what is happening.

Will it ever work?

Hello, I am new to the forum but I am confused and in need of advise from others. I have been with my girlfriend for 11 months now and it seems the only disagreements we have are regarding intimacy. She tells me I am the best she's ever had but when I don't initiate it or if we go more than 3 days without it I don't "want" her or I don't think intimacy is important. She has 2 young kids which I have become really fond of but I am still adjusting to being a father figure and at nights I am just exhausted at times. We can have a great week and comments like you are a great dad. But the glaring 400lb gorilla lack of intimacy creeps up and bam another argument encores. I get upset because I feel that everything I do is for not and honestly I do not want a relationship where sex is the top 3 reasons we are together. Am I thinking to much into it but I told her straight up I don't feel like it should be such a priority and her response is "I have to have be, I guess i have to rethink some things" what the heck...

Any help?

So are you saying your sex drive is lower than hers?
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

A relationship is about sacrificing things for your significant other. If she just wants some intimacy, why not give her any? I do agree that sex is not the most important thing in a relationship, however, it is a great part of it. If your sex drive is low, then tell her and work something out. She does have a reason to be the way she is.

Thanks for your post

bumb ubm!