+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What do girls think of loud trucks

What do girls think of loud trucks

So for the first time of course I just happened to have had to drive by this girl I like and her group of friends (like 8 of them). They were all walking out on the sidewalk, and I guess the 2 in the front stopped on the sidewalk to let me go on across, or they just did cause I was still rolling sorta slow 5-7mph, waiting to see what they were going to do. My truck is fairly loud though. Would they think I was an idiot because of it? Cause I know it's sorta loud when you just like 3-4 feet away and like 10-14mph. Anyways now I'm just real paranoid that they all think I'm and idiot, and was just wonder what you all think.

This isn't me, but sounds the same.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5GrnL6kGzA[/url]

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    OMG, why don't you fix it? I doubt they will think that this alone makes you an idiot, but they may question the size of your penis.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by heyhey235 View Post
    So for the first time of course I just happened to have had to drive by this girl I like and her group of friends (like 8 of them). They were all walking out on the sidewalk, and I guess the 2 in the front stopped on the sidewalk to let me go on across, or they just did cause I was still rolling sorta slow 5-7mph, waiting to see what they were going to do. My truck is fairly loud though. Would they think I was an idiot because of it? Cause I know it's sorta loud when you just like 3-4 feet away and like 10-14mph. Anyways now I'm just real paranoid that they all think I'm and idiot, and was just wonder what you all think.

This isn't me, but sounds the same.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5GrnL6kGzA[/url]

It's the positioning of your tailpipes that can change pitch and the direction of the sound. I used to have mine shot out the back on either side of the license plate and open my slider to enjoy the roar...I have super 40's on mine too. Last year I had the pipes turned out like yours. I like the look but not as happy with the sound because now one on either side the sound seems to be reduced. I still love setting off car alarms with it though! lol. sorry I don't have a vid of it but here's a pic of my rig. 1988 GMC SL Sierra short box step side....in the weeds.

btw I'm a car chick. I've had my truck for over 11 years now. I'm planning to dump something in it that has fuel injection, and get rid of that useless throttle body. Paint and body work first. Every time I take it out there is someone complimenting it, even the girlies (to their disappointment when they see it's mine)lol......To answer your question, I don't think they care what it sounds like, they just like things that are shiny so keep that ride of yours washed and waxed, and they will come ;-)
    Last edited by smackie9; 13-05-12 at 01:15 AM.

BTW: Loud pipes save lives!!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    BTW: Loud pipes save lives!!
    They also wake you up when you are sleeping!
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

LOL I'm usually passed out on my couch from too many beers by that time, so it wasn't me!

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    It's the positioning of your tailpipes that can change pitch and the direction of the sound. I used to have mine shot out the back on either side of the license plate and open my slider to enjoy the roar...I have super 40's on mine too. Last year I had the pipes turned out like yours. I like the look but not as happy with the sound because now one on either side the sound seems to be reduced. I still love setting off car alarms with it though! lol. sorry I don't have a vid of it but here's a pic of my rig. 1988 GMC SL Sierra short box step side....in the weeds.

btw I'm a car chick. I've had my truck for over 11 years now. I'm planning to dump something in it that has fuel injection, and get rid of that useless throttle body. Paint and body work first. Every time I take it out there is someone complimenting it, even the girlies (to their disappointment when they see it's mine)lol......To answer your question, I don't think they care what it sounds like, they just like things that are shiny so keep that ride of yours washed and waxed, and they will come ;-)
    That's awesome, not any chicks around here that know anything about cars at all. Well thanks for the advice. Need to wash it though. Hasn't been washed in about 3 months.

Dude be proud of your ride! Keep it looking it's best :-)

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well not to make you too paranoid, but I've always considered men in obnoxiously loud vehicles as just being obnoxious themselves.

This may be just my own personal bias, but you asked. Oh, and if you didn't know these girls then who cares.....or was it someone you liked?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

No what is obnoxious is people who play their sub at full level sitting in traffic so I can hear their trunk lid rattle.
    Last edited by smackie9; 20-05-12 at 11:28 PM.

I like trucks that sound nice, I DON'T like cars/trucks that sound like the muffler fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by heyhey235 View Post
    That's awesome, not any chicks around here that know anything about cars at all. Well thanks for the advice. Need to wash it though. Hasn't been washed in about 3 months.
    Don't worry heyhey235. If the girlies don't appreciate the super 40's then they don't have an interest in the car/ geek culture like you do. Don't kid yourself there are car chicks out there that are heavily into that scene....go to some car shows they will be there.