+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can you honestly cheat on someone if you REALLY love them??

Can you honestly cheat on someone if you REALLY love them??

So, when/if you cheat on someone, does this mean you can possibly even really love them?

Not sex with a different person, just share a passionate kiss with someone else, is it possible to this, yet still honestly deep down love your partner?

IMO: Nope. Often when people cheat they aren't getting their needs met. With men, they either need more sex, or a certain kind of sex, or the wife has gotten way overweight, and that's why they cheat. But it could also be emotional abuse at home that causes a person to cheat. There are many reasons.

Just a kiss is something different. That is just a stupid mistake.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

So you're saying if someone betrays a loved one for a kiss with someone else, the love for there partner may still be real and the kiss was just a genuine mistake?

My EX/girlfriend (?) tells me it was the worst mistake shes ever made doing what she did to me, (kissed someone else) and says its a mistake she would never make again. I don't ever have an urge to cheat so i don't understand how you can let yourself do it to your loved one, but with some people, can it really be a genuine rubbish mistake to make on accident then? ?

You are a pussy whipped bitch. You clearly want an excuse to forgive her, so just do it. You don't need our validation. Just trust that she's telling the truth and won't do it again. But if you do that, you need to drop this whole thing and not bring it up anymore with her, which I would bet my pension, you can't do. It's going to cause more friction, and she will probably break up with you.

Oh yeah..she probably did more than kiss him. And she probably will do it again.

Ha, i am certainly not a pussy whipped bitch.

What i want to do is the right thing for myself, i've never been cheated on once (& i know ignorance is bliss) so don't know how to deal with it, i just wanted to know if a girl who kisses someone behind there partners back, can they change and never do it again, or are they a cheat-prone person.

You most certainly are a pussy whipped bitch, or you'd have dropped her already.

Stop thinking about her as the perfect girl, you want to be with forever, and just treat her as the girl you're with right now. Tell her that you guys should go back to just dating for a while until she gains your trust back. Use this time to look for other girls while keeping her around for sex, so you don't seem so desperate for it to other girls.

I like your attitude and style..
    but i add, i am not a 'pussy whipped bitch'.. I'm not thinking her as the 'perfect girl' either. If she was perfect i wouldn't be on this forum.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IamTHATguy View Post
    So, when/if you cheat on someone, does this mean you can possibly even really love them?

Not sex with a different person, just share a passionate kiss with someone else, is it possible to this, yet still honestly deep down love your partner?
    I don't know what your story is, but yes, it's possible, assuming you believe people can make mistakes and genuinely be sorry afterwards.
    Last edited by vashti; 23-05-12 at 02:52 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Use this time to look for other girls while keeping her around for sex, so you don't seem so desperate for it to other girls.
    Quote Originally Posted by IamTHATguy View Post
    I like your attitude and style..
    How can you possibly like that?! o.O

Anyway, well, a passionate, long kiss? Doesn't sound like a mistake of the moment, it may have started as such but if she didn't interrupt it quickly it means she *wanted* to enjoy it.

He likes it because its a practical, realistic approach. The girl is a slut. Nothing wrong with that, he just needs to treat her like a slut, instead of a wife.

Someone treating you wrong is no excuse to treat them wrong back. If the OP does what you suggested in the quote above, he would lose the girl and also his morals (by deceiving, using a person as a object, and all just for reaching an absurd and disturbing goal and/or getting revenge).

What I see as a practical and realistic approach in the OP's situation is to move on from the girl who betrayed his trust, unless he is 100% sure that a) it will never happen again and b) he is able to forgive her. Since I don't think he's sure of either a or b, he should move on and go no contact.
    Last edited by searock; 23-05-12 at 03:49 AM.