+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She tells me that i'm not a rebound

She tells me that i'm not a rebound

Hey Guys,

I've been dating this girl for close to 3 months, she's 18 and i'm 21. She broke up with her ex of 1 year around new years. We were pretty much friends last year, i took her on a couple of dates when she was single for a month but at the time she kept telling me she wasn't over her ex...and she told me that she didn't want a relationship with me because she never wanted me to be a 'rebound' - stupidly i wanted one though. at the time not realising that a girl has to heal before she dates again, so I got hurt and didn't talk to her for 3 months.

Anyway during this time, she'd tried texting but I ignored and she had a few one night stands with other guys and rebounded on to one guy in particular.

Then late feburary, uni came around and we started talking again and two weeks later we were going out (2 months after her last ex) - that hurt her pretty badly... she re-assured me and still does that i'm not the rebound and she really likes me. However this whole time, despite telling me she has no feelings for her ex - she tells me that she was hurt really badly by him and she feels like she's keeping me 'at arms length' because she doesn't want to be hurt like that again. Anyway she went to a psychic and told her that, she felt like 'i liked her more than she liked me' because she feels that her past relationship has made her insecure and she can't really fall in love with me until she lets the last one go. Also she seems like she can't go a night without seeing me, however her parents have split and she's home alone a lot of the time.

Despite this she says she would never go back to him, ever and she re-assures me that i'm not a rebound..and gets upset that i bring that up, she says that she wouldn't of got in a relationship with me if I was. Also she's stopped texting other guys and introduced me to all her family. She's also saving money to come on vacation to my hometown.. still I feel like she's not 'in love' with me as i am with her

Thoughts?
    Last edited by expand; 27-05-12 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by expand View Post
    Thoughts?
    Ask us a straight question and you might get a straight answer. But I'd be very wary of dating women who believe in such mumbo jumbo phychic bullshittery.

If she is still hurting then maybe time will heal her wounds and if you show her love and attention that may speed the process up. From what you've said it looks like she is wanting to commit to you but she just has an issue with trusting people which is natural if she has been hurt before. Take it slow and show her reassurance that you are not her ex and wont hurt her the way he did.

It doesn't take a psychic to know what is going on here....s hit all she had to do is post here and save herself the 20 bucks. It's parlor tricks for them...human nature is very predictable, and it is easy to manipulate people into believing anything. Anywho as Toto sang "Hold the line, love isn't always on time" which is true in your situation. Just relax and back off for awhile on the feelings to let her catch up. You can't keep questioning her on this, that makes you insecure and stupid. There are never any guarantees when it comes to relationships...they do or don't work out only time will tell. So just enjoy what you have and let the rest fall into place at it's own pace.