+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help! Is there hope?

Help! Is there hope?

I won't go into great detail; but I am currently dealing with a break up.

The guy I was seeing and I clicked right away. It was very natural and very easy. We had great energy between us. Like 2 peas in a pod. We had a few hiccups here and there, and it led to us breaking up. I was getting a little insecure, and he would pull away instead of talking about things.

Anyway, we met up to exchange our things and he told me how he knows he should have met face to face with me earlier. (We took a break and I freaked out because he wouldnt talk to me...i acted desperate! Big mistake) He said that he thinks if he had done that, that we would have gotten back together because I would have understood more of what he needed.

He kept going back and forth. He said that we need to part ways and he hopes that eventually we can find a level of comfort as friends. I agreed and told him that I cared and respect him and I apologized for how I acted and if given the chance would show him I am still the girl he cared about. He said that we arent compatible right now. Then he started to say something and was contimplating something, but then just said he had to go. He told me if I wanted to, I could text him to see how things are and he wouldnt get mad upset by it. Then he just left. We didnt hug, or say goodbye. He just ended it with being unsure (it seemed) and telling me I could contact him if I wanted.

I guess my question is...Is there hope for the future. Of us reconnecting and finding our way back to each other? Things were going so well and we were content together and as independant people, then it just went down hill. I am not going to contact him anytime soon. A part of me hopes if he does care or does want to communicate, then he will take the initiative. Space is what he wanted, and I made a mistake in not giving it to him right away. So now I am going to.

He seemed so unsure. Is there any hope he is second guessing? Or any hope of after some time passes, that there could be a chance to reconnect?

P.S. When things were going well, he would tell me almost every day that he really cared for me and I was the best thing to happen to him. He even mentioned he wanted to marry me one day. So is there hope?

Thanks for your post.

nope. I'm sure he knows he isn't gonna go back....I think you have scared him enough.

Oh BTW, talk of marriage and a future together is just that, talk and should never be taken as a promise....people do change their mind.