+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long post but any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Long post but any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Im going to do some summarizing so bare with me if you get lost and let me know if you want to something clarified. Long story short me and this girl get close but only as friends.

Then she gets a boyfriend, however at this point I can’t take the pain of liking her and not having her. So I tell her that I cant see her anymore And she starts crying….thats right….crying… and she calls me an asshole and a bad friend. Pretty much I felt like shit lol :/. I dont really see her for about a year

Then tragedy struck when one of her best friends died. I called her to give her some support and then thats when the 2 am phone calls started. Bascially for about 5 months, on any given night, I would get phone calls from her at 1-2 in the morning and they would last for about 2-3 hours each time. And this time the flirting really started. Like VERY HEAVY FLIRTING. I legitimately would say “you realize we’re going to end up together” or “you realize where going to sleep together” and she wouldn’t deny it or accept but she would take the comment as is. She even says how she thinks about me on a daily basis. So of course, I started having feelings for her again, all while she is still with her boyfriend. Then we both go to Vegas. And we did alot of touching and massaging and such while we were vegas, no hooking up though because she was still with her boyfriend

Then about 2 months ago she tells shes breaking up with her boyfriend. I kind of let my emotions get to me, and asked her how she feels about me. She said “I don’t know, I just got of something,” And I really don’t know why, but I started getting more emotional, Im like “give me a chance, id do anything for you” completely out of character for me, but what can you do. We end the phone call, then she sends me a text the next saying how she does not want to lead me on and that she still wants me in her life, and I respond by saying “I’m sorry I cant I care about you to much” pretty much same thing as a year ago. Then about a month passes and she calls me at midnight, I call her back in the morning and we start talking and we talk about how much we care and miss each other. We make plans to hang out but she flakes and she doesn’t call me back for about 3 weeks, then AGAIN, she calls me saying how much she misses and thinks about me, and again we make plans. And were going to hang out this Sunday.

Which I have decided to try and kiss her, its about time I try and see what happens.

Im writing this post to find out what to do when the person cant let go. when I try to get space and leave, she either cries or says how much she misses me and wants me around. Either way I end feeling bad for not being there for her. I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE!! HELP!!

sorry for the long post
    Last edited by daveross; 02-06-12 at 07:45 AM.

You're sorry for the long post. Me too. Make it shorter and I might just have enough energy to read it.

Stop responding to her.

Ya too long....we don't need to know where you first met and hear about her life story Anyways looks like you are friend zoned.

I'm wondering if she's doing the same thing to you as she's doing to her recent ex-boyfriend. During those three weeks of silence from you, she's getting her dose of boy love from her ex... stops with him when it gets too close to being hot and heavy and leans on you for boy love... repeat cycle.

As painful as it may be, you need to let go of your feelings for her. She doesn't sound mature or stable to have a healthy relationship with you, and she probably only cares for you as a friend to lean on when things get bad. Sucks her friend died, but she's treating you like sh*t. Dangling a carrot in front of your face. She loves the attention she gets and she's too immature to realize what she could have with you.

Hope things turn in your favor soon with the right girl.

If she's was interested in dating you she would have by now. She seems pretty vulnerable right now and it's likely she's just enjoying the attention. Whether it's intentional or not she's leading you on and it's obviously hurting you.

You need to just lay it on the line: Either she dates you or you go your seperate ways, no more of this friend stuff because it's obviously not working for you. Since it's pretty obvious that she doesn't feel that way about you be prepared to cut her out of you life again so you can start pursuing girls who are actually insterested in you.

shortend the post as recommended

sorry for the bump