+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do men look for in a keeper?

What do men look for in a keeper?

Just need some pointers or some ideas of what men look for when they are looking for a keeper.

Also, how long will a man wait to make things physical while dating?

nice titties, ability to cook waffles, decent golf handicap and knowing when to stfu.

A man will wait until the woman is drunk enough usually.

Well, then not the type of man worth keeping around. (with the drunk thing)

Quote Originally Posted by KristenElaine View Post
    Well, then not the type of man worth keeping around. (with the drunk thing)
    yeah, hes probably also the type to steal money from you. Im glad you agree with the rest though.

Well, I agree that he has to be attracted to her and doing the simple things they both enjoy all adds to a connection. And both need to know when to shut up sometimes haha

There are basic qualities that people have, that people look for in other's, for LTR's/marriages. Where it gets tricky is finding someone that matches up with what 'you're' looking for and then in the long term the both of your priorities or wants/needs don't drastically change and you can keep it going strong.

A keeper to me would be a woman who's bright, cute and capable, with a nice, sweet, playful and sometimes devilish personality. Someone who's just fun to be around, no matter what we're doing.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Thanks for your post.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You'd have to be more specific. Keeper for what? Marriage, raising children, companionship (not everyone wants kids).
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by KristenElaine View Post
    Also, how long will a man wait to make things physical while dating?
    What do you mean by physical? First date I kissed her on the cheek as it's part of the culture here. Does that count as physical? Isn't it actually a sliding scale? As you get to know the person it gets more physical? But how long men will wait depends on so many variables so it's impossible to say isn't it? Me I don't like waiting very long because having sex is part of getting to know somebody. It can depend on age, sexual experience, culture, religion, libido - loads of factors.

Most young people go for the sexual compatability first. Which is why so many relationships fail. Sex is not enough. It is fun for several moments per day or week, but then the rest of the time you have to deal with the other person's personality and emotional baggage. I look for a woman who has her life together, financially and otherwise, is independent, confident, educated, intelligent, intuitive, drama-free, drug-free, alcohol-free, doesn't smoke, good career, not too many exes, balanced, pleasant, considerate, communicative, funny, has no mental health disorders, 1-2 children if any, good health, good teeth, not on medication, is spiritual but not religious, isn't a gamer or compulsive TV watcher, has hobbies, cooks, likes to travel, and likes plants and cats. Sexy is way down on the list. As a matter of fact, I would prefer she not have had too many sexual partners, yet she should be sensual.

Quote Originally Posted by dem862 View Post
    Most young people go for the sexual compatability first. Which is why so many relationships fail. Sex is not enough. It is fun for several moments per day or week, but then the rest of the time you have to deal with the other person's personality and emotional baggage. I look for a woman who has her life together, financially and otherwise, is independent, confident, educated, intelligent, intuitive, drama-free, drug-free, alcohol-free, doesn't smoke, good career, not too many exes, balanced, pleasant, considerate, communicative, funny, has no mental health disorders, 1-2 children if any, good health, good teeth, not on medication, is spiritual but not religious, isn't a gamer or compulsive TV watcher, has hobbies, cooks, likes to travel, and likes plants and cats. Sexy is way down on the list. As a matter of fact, I would prefer she not have had too many sexual partners, yet she should be sensual.
    lol, good luck with that.

Intelligence: Brains are a turn-on.

Physical type: My own tastes are not the usual, but they're not unheard-of either.

Brains.

Sexual Compatibility: Tastes, appetite, etc.

Did I mention brains?

Humor: Sense of humor close enough to mine that we laugh a lot.

I'm sure I mentioned brains...

NO CONTROLLING OR ABUSIVE TENDENCIES. So tired of that crap.

That said, some of those are negotiable. My wife isn't my usual physical type in many ways, but in some ways she is. I generally like them short, plump, long-haired and busty. My wife isn't short or busty, but she's more intelligent than I am, and I'm pretty intelligent. Our sense of humor is nearly identical. Our sexual compatibility is off the charts.

I guess what it really boils down to, is what you're willing to negotiate on.

It is all very situational. I think I just chose the wrong use of the words. Its not necessarliy wanted men to wait to make things physcial (so intercourse) more so, waiting to see if I see potential in them first. So no time limit or expectations. Just seeing what happens and if there is something more there.

Dating is a crap shoot...you win some you lose some. You win more if you choose wisely and ditch the time wasters.

Think like a man but act like a woman... there you have it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast