+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guys advice please!

Guys advice please!

I have been interested in this guy for about 6 weeks now. We have been making eye contact frequently and have spoken a few times. Today, it seemed as though a mutual friend saw me looking at him quite a bit. (I made it quite obvious that I was interested in him by trying to make eye contact frequently)
    About three mutual friends had mentioned him to me today. One woman said "We are all married except "him". He doesn't like being set up with women. When we have tried to set him up he gets angry and doesn't turn up."
    It seemed as though one of our friends had set us up to talk. We spoke for about half an hour.
    I decided before I left to write my number on a piece of paper and give it to him. I called him over and said "I thought you might like this" and gave him my number. His response was "thanks". He took it and before he could say anything I walked off. When I was walking off I heard the paper as if he was reading it.
    I have been told he is very shy and reserved. I have also been told that he is looking for a woman but he is very shy about initiating it. I have to see him at least once a week.
    From a male perspective, what would you think about a woman doing what I did to him? What should I do from here? Was I too forward? Is there a possibility I could have scared him? I am an attractive lady and I am very confident, what if he doesn't call what should I do then?
    Thanks guys.

Well, shyness is all about fear. Most single guys are looking for a woman, and so are many guys who aren't single. I think what you did was appropriate. At the least, he will see it as flattering. He knows you are interested now. The ball is in his court. He may or may not call you. If he doesn't call, you could either step it up and see if he wants to hang out, or you could just let it go. He might need to build up his confidence a bit before he feels comfortable doing something that risks rejection.

Thanks for your post.

As dem862 says, he may or may not call if he is shy so you may have to accept that if you want any form of relationship with him then you will have to do all of the instigation! *

His shyness isn't necessarily a sign that he isn't into you or doesn't find you attractive it could just be some issues that he has. You certainly haven't done anything wrong and from what you have said haven't been too pushy.

Good luck with Mr Shy & hopefully he will call!!*