+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Two-Part question. Do people deserve second chances?

Two-Part question. Do people deserve second chances?

Hi, this is a two part question and what I first want to know from you guys is: If a person messed up and hurt you, should they deserve a second chance?

This girl and me were never really a couple, but we were exclusive I guess for about 8 months. I was very keen and she seemed to keep me as some sort of part-time boyfriend. Whenever she needed it. She could go a week or two without wanting to hang out. Could go days without talking to me. I was always there like a pathetic puppy dog, I felt pretty much terrible the entire time. Eventually I got the guts to say to her "Either this is going somewhere or I'm done." She said it was done and seemed surprised that I was hurt by the whole thing.
    This was about a month ago, I haven't talked to her much since. Now she's starting to say she misses me and that I used to make all her troubles go away. In my heart I feel like I shouldn't, but it's hard for me to be so cold.

Do people deserve second chances? Does she?

Give her another chance, but this time use the Third Date Rule.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

She regarded you as a ****-buddy, not as a relationship. It sounds to me as if she even made that clear to you. It's quite possible she didn't know what she had until she missed it (you). You serve no purpose hurting her back if you persist. Tell her that you miss her and want to see her again, but that your previous boundary still exists... she's either in or out.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    She regarded you as a ****-buddy, not as a relationship. It sounds to me as if she even made that clear to you. It's quite possible she didn't know what she had until she missed it (you). You serve no purpose hurting her back if you persist. Tell her that you miss her and want to see her again, but that your previous boundary still exists... she's either in or out.
    That's the weird part, we almost didn't have any sex at all and before you ask she wasn't ****ing anybody else. She just was very cold and didn't show me much affection other than when she felt like it.

Why are you cool being her little bitch?

You should give her another chance, but **** her and leave it at that. If she doesn't want to have sex the first time that you see her again, get up an leave and tell her not to call you. Treat her like an object, and she'll come running. Don't worry about being mean or cold.

2nd chances can work sometimes, as long as the break was brief and a lot of damage wasn't done.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest