+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girls! Would YOU get back with your ex-bf if he did this??

Girls! Would YOU get back with your ex-bf if he did this??

Okay, so my ex-gf broke up with me almost a month ago and I still have really strong feelings for her. We had been happily together for 6 months before this, and I truly love this girl and I'll do whatever it takes to get her back. I want to show her that I still care about her in hopes of re-attracting her and getting back together. The problem is we're in "no contact" and have been for almost a month now, and I'm wondering who should break it first, me or her? Another issue is the upcoming summer. We'll both be away at camps and I wanna do something before she leaves to show her how much she means to me, soooooooo.... I think I'm gonna write her a song on acoustic guitar, bike to her house the night before she leaves for camp and serenade her. Maybe bake her something, too. Girls, please be honest: would YOU consider getting back with your ex-bf if he did this for you? Be completely honest, because if it sounds desperate and weird then I'm not gonna do it. But if you think I can win her back by doing it, please tell me any pointers you may have. Thank you SO MUCH!

Additional Details

Just a few things to clear up as to why our relationship ended in the first place:

1) she felt like we were no longer connecting as deeply and that we were "growing apart"

2) she wanted to take a break and focus on other things in her life, so she'd rather just have me as a close friend than a boyfriend.

3) I'm pretty sure she sort of lost attraction for me or began to think of me only as a friend and not a boyfriend.

All of these facts combined led me to form this plan. I love this girl, and when I say that I mean it. I want to show her i'm still the guy she came to love in the first place and most importantly I want her to be happy.

Should I still do it?? i hope that clears up a few questions... once again, thank you all so much for the help!

sadie_genie Guest
    Every girl is different so I can't tell you if it will work. But try it and tell us how it went!

If you love her the way you say you do you'll let her go without interference. If she wants you back, she knows how to get in touch. Please do not serenade her or bake for her. You will seal in her mind that she did the right thing in breaking up with you if you do that.

Not contacting her again will be the most likely thing that will push her to contact you. Don't expect it to though and use the time to get over her and subsequently being open enough to meet someone who doesn't need a break because she'll be able to have you as a boyfriend and maintain the other things in her life just fine.

Cheers.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Since you are both leaving anyway, I wouldn't recommend your strategy. Even if she falls for it (unlikely), she is leaving so its somewhat wasted effort.

What you want to do is something that will pique her curiosity until you two get back. Something like a partially finished letter, not too creepy/romantic, perhaps something that parallels your story together but with a twist and a ... to be continued. You can mail her sections over the summer if she agrees. Keep up the mystery.

Hell, I don't know. I make this stuff up as I type, but it seems like it might be enough psych to keep a young woman interested w/o coming across as creepy. Good luck.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

It will not work and you'll come across as being stupid. But if you do go ahead please make sure you put in on YouTube - I love funny videos.

If I break up with my ex it means that I know that he's not the one for me and that I want to move on. A serenade couldn't possibly make me change my mind (nor anything else really).

Wakeup's got it right. If you love her, you'll respect her wishes and not contact her. Contacting her anyway will just prove to her that she's well shut of you.

Even if she does take you back it would only be out of obligation because of your serenade (you being willing to be so vulnerable and possibly humiliate yourself just to get her back)...then 1 week later, she'll want to break up again.

I'm sorry, I know you love her, but if she wants you back - she will find you.

Give her the space she requested and try to move on with your life. Enjoy camp.

buy a Necklass

I think u should buy her a necklass and write down a Perfect message
    here are some examples
    HTML Code:
    http://messageonanecklace.com/articles/romantic_gift.html

cant believe how many biter and twisted people have posted in this thread. Do you all not remember being that age? this dude has nothing to lose. so what, if he makes an arse of himself. if he does nothing, he could regret it the rest of his life.

I think he should bake her a cake and go play her his song and probably get her a necklace. If she chases him, at least he knows for sure and can move on.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaninnocentma View Post
    cant believe how many biter and twisted people have posted in this thread. Do you all not remember being that age? this dude has nothing to lose. so what, if he makes an arse of himself. if he does nothing, he could regret it the rest of his life.

I think he should bake her a cake and go play her his song and probably get her a necklace. If she chases him, at least he knows for sure and can move on.
    Thats the beauty of age....knowing when not to make an ass of yourself. I wish younger guys would just know when to let well enough alone since nothing bugs people more than to be ignored.

Its clear she wont ever take him back so whats the point?
    Last edited by surfhb; 06-06-12 at 03:48 AM.

I think (based on how you described the end of the relationship), the chances of her agreeing to giving the relationship another shot are somewhere between zero and nil, but nothing ventured and all that, so give it a go. However, be prepared for failure and if that is the outcome, mourn the end of your love and then move on. You're young and there are bound to be loads of hot girls at camp.

i recently had a fight with my current bf on our 3yr anniversary and a week afterward he got me a kettle and toaster to make it,i laughed out loud not really the romantic effort i was expecting ,i would have much prefered a song on his guitar or him to bake a cake,thats nice and implys real effort,i know this situation is different as there not actually together at the moment but i still thnk there a great idea,the only advice i have is to do the song out in a video ,everyone has webcams now yea and stick it on a memory card or stick for her,bake the cake and leave the song in a card with it,id recommend leaving it there when she is not in,like on the doorstep or having it posted,so she can process the romantic gesture and leave it to her to contact you after it to avoid embarrassment just in case. even if it doesnt work and you dont get her back you will have givin her a really lovely moment in her life,the gift of true romance and she will be able to look back on it fondly for years to come wether she is with you or not.good luck i really hope it works out for you

^^^^ that is the perfect suggestion for someone to do for their CURRENT and reciprocal loving sweety, IMO, not someone who has broken up with you. It reeks of manipulation.