+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Time to finally close the door???

Time to finally close the door???

Been split up 5 months now after being dumped by my girlfriend by text after a 3 year relationship , she's bipolar and it was the toughest relationship i'v had , i was sad but relieved when it was over as i just couldn't give any more . She didn't treat me very good even in her own admission but there were some bright spells which i hoped would come back but it just got worse at the end . I haven't contacted her once although have felt like it nor has she contacted me but the last weekend i was with her she cried in my arms saying i was the best thing that's happened to her and why does she push me away and be so cold only to finish it 5 days later , also we lived 120 miles away and i only mainly seen her wknds and hols and if i mentioned moving down there she wasn't very impressed!!! I'v moved on but always wonder if !!! I'v done some research and people say it could've been her bipolar mood swings for treating me so bad but still not right . Things haven't really worked for her out since her dumping me and her birthday is coming up , i'v toyed with the idea of sending her a card , good or bad idea? i'v got my dignity and self respect back and going in the right direction but just felt we left something behind .

You were miserable in the relationship. Don't contact her. You'll probably get sucked in again and the 3 year downward spiral will just continue. Relationships with people you love should be mostly positive. Not negative. So, again, don't contact her. Move on 100%. Trust me, you'll thank me later.

She is the one with the problem, and she should have dealt with it by seeking therapy and maintaining it......it's obvious she didn't. People with disorders have to take some responsibility for their actions....you are right, there is no excuse for the abusive behavior especially when there is treatment available. The only thing you left behind was a shitty relationship. Stop trying to be the knight in shining armor, her problems are not yours to fix and you should learn from this. Don't date someone for the sake of "saving them". The only mistake you made was going out with her.....time to move on, and be glad it's over.

Thanks for the replies , its what i know deep down inside anyway .